how can i go on in life and be happy again?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by skater_gurl, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skater_gurl

skater_gurl New Member

i am currently 21 will b 22 soon if i make it but i have been battling suicidal issues since i was 11 years old. i know it sounds young to develop this kind of thought but my life has consisted of being made fun of, death threats, i have been raped twice and nobody has believed me on either occasion. my own family in a way thinks i'm different and that i'm not like the rest of them. i never grew up learning how to be a girl i always was with my dad playing sports. i have gotten help with the suicidal issues by seeing a psychiatrist, therapist, being on medications, being sent to rehab twice, but nothing seems to help me. could somebody just help me and tell me what to do?

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're hurting. I wish I had a simple answer for you and all of us.

It took a 2nd stay in the psych ward for my psychiatrist to be more active in monitoring my meds, sometimes adjusting dosages, sometimes changing one to go to a different one. That helped.

I'm not on as much here anymore, but I've found more support here than from my family.

At least here I can be accepted, I can speak what I need to without being called "stupid" or being criticized or judged.

And almost everyone here has been, or is now, about where you're at. So we try to look out for each other, and help each other. Sometimes a little support and encouragement from someone who really knows what it's like, is better than hours with a therapist.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

As Lefty said, I am sorry this has happened too...when we are in therapy, the person can only treat what we reveal to him/her...maybe finding someone you trust and can open up to would be helpful...also, as it was said, please speak to your pdoc and tell him/her that the intervention was not effective and make sure you get the care you deserve

4. anonymousihs

anonymousihs Active Member

I went thru the same stuff you did, except the really young part. I'm 23 and I haven't been suicidal forever. Just like 6 months ago. I think if you surround yourself with friends or just keep yourself busy and try not to think about it, it will go away. I shoved stuff away for ages and never let myself think about it. It did come back to me one day but by then it was kind of like old news. But then again that's just me.

5. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Hello, I am in similar situation. Could I suggest you look into getting a good psycho-therapist. You ought to look into complex-post truamatic stress disorder. I don't know if you are spiritual or religious in anyway but that might be another source of understanding about the meaning of suffering and offer some comfort. Try to understand this feeling of self loathing is not you, all your experiences have trumatized you and as such have made you ill, thus you need to understand what is happening to you is an illness not you. Think third person like cancer or anyother major illness that has the potential to end a life, treat and think of it in those terms if possible.
    I hope that helps a little.

Godbless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.