how can i help my friend maddy?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by the masked depressant, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

lemm explain the situation..

my friend maddy has depression, has done for a long time now.

last week, she wanted to talk to me about something important. when i asked her what it was, she told that me that she thinks she has cancer.

i told her to get help from a doctor or something, but she will not go.

every time i speak to her and ask her how she's doing, she tells me she is getting worse- but i still can't persuade her to seek help.

what do you think i could possibly do for her?. i want what's best for her and i want her to put trust in someone to help her more than i can (like a doctor or something)

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

all you can do is try to convince her to see a doctor. since you're only a friend you can't get her into a doctor. the only thing you could possibly do is talk to somebody in her family. they might be able to do more... the fact is though the only one that can really help her... is her. if she doesn't want help then she sadly won't get it. so just keep trying to talk her into going. and hope for the best

3. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello,

She told you that she "thinks" she has cancer, imagine if she doesn't have cancer? I fully recommend she goes to a doctor to first and most importantly confirm whether she has cancer or not - why suffer by possibilities?

Since you seem to be a good friend to maddy maybe you can take the responsibility and call a doctor as she needs to be checked up by a doctor to confirm if she has cancer? Does maddy trust you? and if so how much? Maybe you can use this trust to help her, she may not understand at first - but she'll understand at some stage i am sure.

4. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

hello all,

thanks for your responses

i spoke to her tonight- not about that, but she seemed pretty cheery

i'm going to call a doctor to see if they can come out to her as soon as possible- i think that's great advice

will keep you updated on how she's doing

5. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello,

Its nice to hear that she seemed to be cheerful, update us on how she is going!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.