How can I live with living alone

Toastofbant

I have to accept that I will never be good enough for anyone, so how then should I live my life without what seems to be a very important aspect of life that everyone else seems to have? I have to accept this there is no alternative.

I think you may be able to embrace being single if you want to, but I don't think you should embrace the notion that you're not good enough.

If you think of all of the couples there are in the world, would you really make a worse partner than all of the worst partners? I don't think you would be. Circumstances that allow you to be in a relationship may not be there, but that doesn't mean that you're not good enough.

how then should I live my life without what seems to be a very important aspect of life that everyone else seems to have?
There's ups and downs with relationships. A lot of people end up in nightmare relationships that they wish they had never gotten into. Being single is not necessarily such a bad thing, some people are even single intentionally.

When someone is in a romantic relationship, that relationship usually ends up taking up a lot of your time. So if find something to do with your time that you like more than being in a relationship, that's one way to embrace being single.

I have to accept this there is no alternative.
What makes you think there's no alternative?

Toastofbant

What makes you think there's no alternative?
When three of my coworkers say that men with small penises are undesirable and it's not shallow to reject men like that, how am I supposed to take that other than saying I'm not nor will I ever be good enough?

When three of my coworkers say that men with small penises are undesirable and it's not shallow to reject men like that, how am I supposed to take that other than saying I'm not nor will I ever be good enough?
Oh, that is so stupid of your coworkers. Someone would presumably get to know and love you before knowing your size... but in any case most of the nerve endings in the vagina are in the lower third, and just google how to give pleasure and believe me you will be ahead of the game. Something like 80 percent of women can't achieve satisfaction just from penetration anyway. Also, the vagina is a virtual space - when not in "use" the walls touch each other.

I would say more but I have an appointment. Really, just educate yourself and you will realize size isn't the big deal it's made out to be.

how am I supposed to take that other than saying I'm not nor will I ever be good enough?
The penis size obsession is something that has been aggressively promoted in recent years. Honestly, I think it's a form of psychological warfare.

I think many women and men have been indoctrinated with the idea that penis size is the be-all and end-all of romantic relationships, and frankly it's mostly young, sexually inexperienced people who end up believing this. If you talk to women who have had a number of different partners, the one with the biggest dick is not disproportionately the one they say they liked the most.

Some women may have a psychological fascination with dick size, but as LadyWolfshead pointed out, it's not the case that a larger dick has a greater capacity to produce pleasure. Beyond that, in any really loving relationship, the whole person is way more important than any fascination with genitalia.

Similarly, there are some men who have a fascination with breast size, but breasts are pretty much functionally the same regardless of size. Even a man who has a preference for large breasts isn't going to base his relationship choices solely on breast size, unless he's an idiot.

It can be hard to counteract negative messages sometimes, even if you know they don't have substance. Your coworkers are idiots though, and I hope you can learn to ignore their opinions.

I just wanted to add that I totally agree with Mr. May's statement that it's psychological warfare to make men worry about their size - just the same as it is to make women worry about their looks and breast size/shape. There are billion-dollar industries profiting on people's insecurities.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
I'm going to be quite harsh here, please forgive my blunt comment.
You're not taking the mental work to step back and up into self-determination if your only channel of information is a bunch of dunderheads yammering tired old cliches. Do not drink in their poison & then bemoan feeling ill.

Listen to and talking with a romantic partner is some of the sexiest and most attractive behavior you can display.

There are lots of good people in the world as well as nasty ones. I hope you can find others as sensitive and kind as yourself.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00