how can I overcome this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by morning rush, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

why is it that everytime I feel depressive, mistakes I've made and bad things that happened to me resurfaces and adds more pressure to the already painful existence? Its like i'm torturing myself over and over until I can I overcome it when I can't stop myself from thinking bad thoughts?
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm sorry you're feeling like this :hug: it can be really hard trying to keep your mind on good things when depressed, but just keep trying :heart:
    do you have a friend you can talk to about stuff like this? someone close to you? it can get easier if you have someone there for you. if not you can always PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as i can okay :smile: thinking of you
    triggs xx
  3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Maybe you could try writing a list of all the good things in your life and keeping it somewhere you'll see it regularly. That way you have something to look at that will remind of the reasons to keep trying.
    Finding someone to talk to would be useful as well, not only can they remind you of the good in your life but they can listen and help advise and distract you where necessary/possible.
    I hope you manage to feel better soon =)
  4. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

Once I start thinking about bad memories, my mind just gets stuck on them until I feel like I'm going to drive myself crazy. Sometimes it helps me to distract myself with good things like going for a run with my dogs or playing my guitar. Try focusing on something you enjoy, like a hobby or spending time with friends. I know it's hard, but try not to let the bad thoughts keep you down. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.