How can she be so selfish to me?!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZombiePringle, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I work the overnight shift. She stays awake most nights talking to her friends and what i'm starting to think is an internet boyfriend. I come home completely exhausted and want to go to sleep but no... she always says she wasn't able to sleep and one of us has to stay up to take care of our daughter. And its always me that has to stay awake. She doesn't give a damn if I am dead tired or not as long as she gets her sleep. She doesn't work because she uses her college as an excuse not to.

Why can't she just grow up? She goes out has fun with her friends and it always results in me staying home watching our daughter. I was in a semi-decent mood until she made me stay awake again. I'm so freaking tired..was falling asleep in the car on the way home. All this stuff at all this other stuff in my life... I can't do this anymore. Its just too much..
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: That's so not fair to you.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

pretty selfish of her really....
    you need sleep...
    what happens if you say something about it???
  4. ZombiePringle

already said something. She flipped out about it.
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

sorry... she sounds like a brat to me. -___-
  6. ZombiePringle

She is... and now here I am laying on the floor by my kids playpen so I can be there if she needs anything. This is the last time I do this....
  7. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

She is being very selfish. You need sleep and have a right to it. Do you have anyone that might be able to look after your daughter for you a few times a week so you can get sleep? I know it is not the best option but it sounds to me like it doesn't matter what she says she is to selfish to get it.
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Put your foot down.
  9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I would agree... she is the mother also. Mother's don't get beauty sleep. Insist that if you stay up, so does she. See how that goes.
  10. KittyGirl

Very true- she needs to grow up and be responsible and supportive of you- working to support herself and your daughter.
  11. ZombiePringle

yeah...I think the damage is done. After all this plus the stuff that happened the night before easter... I think the relationship is done in the emotional sense. I think I'm basically done too. There's not much more I can do. I'm stuck here.. I could potentially lose everything if I put my foot down and tell her how I feel. I Could lose my place to live which would lead to me losing my job. Which would lead to so much more. I guess there is only one way out now..
  12. KittyGirl

You really do need to say something. Tell her how unhappy you are-- communicate exactly how you feel or she'll just ignore the signs and pretend like she doesn't know. -__-

I'm sure that you can find a place to stay if it came to that.
    If anything-- she would be the one in trouble because she doesn't work; and goes to school AND has a small child to look after.
    She *needs* you.
    She's just being a bitch because you're letting her get away with it; it sounds like.
  13. ZombiePringle

Yeah I've tried talking to her. It never works out. I mean its obvious she doesn't love me anymore. Or else she wouldn't be talking to that guy from England. No matter what I say to her she turns it into me being the bad guy. Like when I talked to her about the sleeping thing.. She told me it was my fault she doesn't sleep at night. I'm probably just going to start putting money aside for me to get my own place.
  14. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like shes selfish, and I know its taking a toll on you, and it's probably easier said than done, but you mentioned you have a daughter, so at least think about her sake before you do anything...

My parents always fought a lot when i was a child, and it definitely takes an emotional toll on you, and I definitely have fears of getting in relationships with people given how bad my parents marriage went down.

I know you worry about your job etc... but just do whats best for your daughter...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
  15. KittyGirl

That's a good idea, I think.
    Just hang in there, okay?
  16. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I agree, its time for you to move out of there, because she's making you miserable and that's not right...

One thing I don't understand though, is how come you got to stay up at night, doesnt your daughter sleep at night?
  17. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Just I hate to be so blunt but you need to just man up and tell her no!

You aren't going to take care of your daughter you have just worked the freakin night shift. Furthermore she doesn't have a job and I am guessing she still takes money out of your pay cheque as she pleases?
    The next time she says she is going out - just tell her you are also going out so she can't and has to stay home to take care of the baby (even if you aren't really going out, I suggest you just go for a really long walk, take about 2 hours if you have to. It'll piss her off/make her late/make her start to also wander about what YOU are up to and where YOU are going).
  18. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

That's probably for the best. At least you'll be and manage your own place. But I want to point out getting prepared to pay child support also.
  19. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Absolutely! You so need to do this!