How can this be of any support?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Enden, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enden

Enden Guest

You can only give general advise. When one logs off life will be the same. Your advise is of no help unless phone numbers to help lines is.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Take what you can take. We offer support here, but only you can decide to take it in or not.
    I've gotten a great deal out of coming here :hug:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This site has helped me through so much. I'm very grateful to SF.

I suppose you get what you give, you have to make an effort too :hug:
  4. Enden

Enden Guest

Quoting the bible helps alot yes. I could be talking to a stone and it would help as much.
  5. Enden

Enden Guest

Ppl here have experienced things yes, but it isnt the same as they can give advice to everyone. Thinking that one can get help here is an utopia. One can get moral support yes, but that seldom helps in the long run.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It's my signature... I didn't purposely type that in this message :dry:
  7. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

8. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

members share experiances with eachother, we support and help where needed even if its just to be noticed in our pain.
    no one here is obligated to listen or agree with it but to many many members the help that is offered is very appreciated.
  9. Enden

Enden Guest

Well, what you have told me didnt do anything for me Im sorry to say. My suicide will still happen. Sorry.
  10. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

as far as i know i havent spoken to you b4, but i hope you reconsider
  11. Enden

Enden Guest

Do you say that as a christian or not?
  12. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i don't believe in god but i believe in the idea of god
  13. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

this site cant help everyone, when Robin set it up he said he would be happy if he could just help one person but now over 4 years later it's helped many more than that. im sorry if you dont find this form of support useful but others clearly do.

advise might only be general but the friendships built here can be very strong, right now im typing this message in the house of a friend i made here on sf, a friend who has helped me through many hard times and has always been supportive.

Sweetheart just said that she finds the forum helpful but you still tell her it's not, well i think she's the better judge of herself there.

if you want to talk about long run help well, i came here 4 years ago fully intent of killing myself, yet im still here, struggling sometimes but i know ive formed friendships here that will always help me through

i would like to see you stick around, give the forum a go and see if maybe it can help once youre more settled but if you really think this is useless and not real then go do something real, talk to someone in the real world and take positive action to help you through this time
  14. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

The forum isnt really meant for personalized help for each individual person. There is so much that makes up you and your problems (same with everyone else) that it would take a long time just to figure out exactly your problem and find a solution that would work. If you want a personalized solution you would have to go to a phyciatrist or something. I think the main purpose here is for people to express their problems, and try to pick up general advise from others. Even reading about other people's problems, how they cope, and the advise they get can help.

Ultimately it's your life so you will have to take what advise and help from here and do what you want with it. Again, I dont think we'd be able to help with individual's problems, but if someone has similar problems or something, we'll be able to at least give advise on how we deal with it. Plus this is a great place to make friends who are in similar situations.
  15. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I will still cut myself, i will still have depression and anxiety, but this forum can help me to cope sometimes.

Sometimes, when im very depressed and i open new thread and other replys it does help. Im still depressed, it doesnt cure me lol :laugh:, but it helps in a strange way.

Why did you register anyway?:blink:
  16. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

I dont think that question has a place when it comes to people here who are willing to help. SF is a resource used to help yourself/others through incredibly difficult times, where one may feel they have no where else to turn, or want this help from SF as a stepping stone in a very very long journey. Its not a cure all thing, and much of it is dependent on the users attitude towards such help. If you are not using it in this way than I'm curious in a non hostile way; Why are you here?
  17. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you don't find this forum helpful to you but it helps a lot of people including myself. Maybe you need to give it a little longer you've only just joined this month people are pretty friendly around here if you give it a chance. Its up to you but whatever you decide to do about sf please reconsider suicide it isn't the answer
  18. mystereo2099

mystereo2099 Well-Known Member

heh, wow. Ppl here are trying to be nice and supportful and you tell them they are nothing and they could never help you. That's your reality you said it yourself - perhaps you should be talking to a stone. If you're like me, you'll eventually push everyone away and end up by yourself hating the world and yourself. Allow others to be kind to you, and even if it doesn't help you, it could help them.
  19. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

that attitude isn't going to help you.
    people on here do care an can help. there are lots of resources on here to call etc as well as direct contact with people who understand
  20. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i strongly agree with this.

no where on the site does it say we will cure you of suicidal tendencies or depression, or anything else you may suffer from.

but it is here as a SUPPORT system to use if you see it as a fitting role in your life.

we cannot help every individual that comes through the site sadly, but that is just because its humanly impossible.

for you to get the help you need (in my opinion) you have to open up fully with someone who has been through similar issues, and possibly open yourself up enough to be bale to hear somethings you probably dont want to hear, in order to get better.

and as a few have said you get out what you put in.

me personally i think without SF i wouldnt be putting off my next suicide attempt. bar a few people and moments, i feel at home here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.