How can this be?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by faded echoes, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faded echoes

faded echoes Active Member

I just don't understand this...
    In theory, I should be a very happy person.
    My life is finally looking up. I've been off meds since November...I got out of the hospital after an 8 month stay...I got a fun new job..I have a boyfriend that I love & adore...I'm going back to college in September...I have a nephew that I love...
    So...
    Why do I want to kill myself still??
    This is everything I've always wanted...so what's the problem?
    I must be the most selfish person alive.

I've had my share of bad things happen to me...but that was the past. It's now that matters...& now is "good".

what's going on here?

2. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I don't think your selfish I think you just need more time to realise that you deserve to be in love and have a good job and all the other things good that are happening to you at the moment. Just remember what you said and keep telling yourself "now is good" and I deserve all the good things.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with ozbound....
    lots of positive self talk might help .....
    take care...

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My therapist says that those kind of thoughts are learned behaviour..It takes time to work them out..Try not to live in the past and focus on the now.. You have plenty of positives in your life..Focus on them and set small goals for you to acheive.. I wish you all the best..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.