How can you live without a job?!....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rocknrollsuicide, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

Unemployed, desperately looking for a job.
    A good one.
    As far away as possible from my previous trade.

Have been waiting for a final answer from my agent in regards to a specific position I had two interviews about 3 weeks ago.

My private finance are slimming away and I cannot go any further with my life unless a well paid job is on offer within a week.

I am really in the shit.

Nobody to bloody help me.

I have had so many interviews this year I could write a whole self-help book on how to go about job interviews and survive.
    But will I?

I have come here to sort of trying to help others if I can and find some kind of relief in my grief.
    The more I post the less I see I am doing the right thing.

No job prospects available.
    Expensive city, money, money, money......

It's autumn and as the weeks go by the job market shrinks down on the run to xmas.

How can one survive without a job unless is filthy rich?

Can anyone understand?!?....

I seem to be talking to the sound of silence......
    Just like that of job offers: zero.

If I won't get back into the employment market, I will have to silence myself for good.

Bye all

2. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

I'm in your same situation... for about 3 years now.
    It's tough not having a job but my parents are letting me stay with them rent-free since I am "in college".

I've been working with my local work rehab department and hopefully i'll get a job through them.

I've tried employment sources, but nothing.
  3. rocknrollsuicide

My parents are very, very, very far away from me.
    They don't even know about my situation.
    Didn't tell them because:

1) they would not understand
    2) they would start preaching/bollocking and overall not being supportive
    3) financially they could not help me out
    4) in the end they would make me feel even worse than I'm feeling already

Besides it wouldn't make any sense asking them for help since I'm an adult and lived for several years on my own, supporting myself and taking care of my well being.
    It's just the shit of being fired for the first time ever in my life that throw my very shit life apart.....
    So it's a little hard to convince employers I'm worth a job offer.
    Of course that 3 weeks disadventure is not mentioned on my CV/resume but the gaps are there and cannot really lie much.....

Good for you your parents can help you out and are supportive.

I don't have support from anyone, nothing at all....
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2007
  4. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

My parents are kind of like this - they can only support me so much.
    If I drop out of college, they'll kick me out. So I kind of have to stay in college which i'm really struggling.

That's why i'm looking for a job so if in case they kick me out, i'll have options on my own. I really want to become independent.
  5. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

For a start, its at least bloody admirable that you want a fucking job, lots of people are too lazy to (and obv i mean genuinely lazy people),

you a bowie fan (assuming so tbh...)?
  6. rocknrollsuicide

Thank you.
    It might be admirable but still doesn't pay the bills.....
    I went to another interview today and again just have to wait.

The job I want, really, really, really seriously want, the one I had two grilling interviews for: still nothing.

It's like being taken for a mug.
    They are taking the piss out of me.

Yes I am a Bowie fan, 70s Bowie though......

7. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about both your situations, i dont know why its getting so bad to find jobs these days, i struggled myself but then again im massively picky and worse... to shy and scared to be pro-active. my bf struggled immensley when he joined me, i had to support the both of us for a while before he got lucky. i dont know where you 2 live or what field you are in, even if i did i probably couldnt be much help. hope you hang in there and dont let any rejections hold you back. keep it up. something is bound to come along.
  8. rocknrollsuicide

Was this supposed to make people laughing?!...
  9. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Hardly appropriate. try being more helpful instead of coming out with a not funny remark.

Rock n roll, finding a job can be tough. I've been lookin for a bit now to no avail. Give it time and it will all fall into place.
  10. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

Christ, do we really need this on a support forum? C'mon..
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Yeah. How admirable that someone should have to grovel in order to grovel so they can scrape out some kind of halfway agreeable existence.

Maybe the "genuinely lazy people" just fucking gave the fuck up. Maybe they worked out the whole equation in their heads and saw how pointless it all is before they even bothered. Whatever.

Yeah. You're right. I don't want a job. I'm also genuinely lazy. And I don't give a fuck. I know how useless it all is.
  12. Ninja

Ninja Active Member

maby you should get at least something...anything (fast food if you have to)! so it will at least reimburse you on some of the cash that you are spending so your cash will hold out longer.
  13. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I hear you, rocknrollsuicide.

I'm in a career change, myself. I began a technical school back in 2004. I'm close to graduating, and have applied to several jobs, but no one has gotten back to me. At all. Am I supposed to hound these people?

I find that in this day and age, not only is it harder to find a job, but people are a lot ruder and cowardly, and would prefer to hide behind a screen of technology instead of dealing with me face to face.

I miss the days when you could walk into places and apply. You still can, but not as much.

Also, I've been fired from jobs in the past. The trick is making everything look good on paper. Say you were laid off, the office closed, etc.

I wouldn't care if I became unemployed for the rest of my life and lived off vending machines. Work can make your life hell.
  14. pit

pit Well-Known Member

"Maybe the "genuinely lazy people" just fucking gave the fuck up. Maybe they worked out the whole equation in their heads and saw how pointless it all is before they even bothered. Whatever."

Right on! You give me hope, Random!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.