How can you tell if someone is flirting with you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Abby Rose, May 16, 2008.

1. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

There is this girl in my school, who has been in a couple of classes of mine. We would say hi when we saw each other and occasional basic pleasantries every so often (i.e. how is your day going? Etc…). Then out of no where she began getting much friendlier, talking to me more, physical contact, and stuff like that and I have no idea what it means. Truth is I am not that fond of her, I wouldn’t even consider her a friend, but I can’t tell if she is flirting, or just being friendly, but she seems to think there is a connection there that I just don’t feel, but since I don’t know what her intentions are I have no idea how to respond or even if I should do anything. I am leaning towards assuming that she is flirting, but I am really unfamiliar with this kind of thing, is there any clear tell sign's or anything like that so can tell I can tell if she is flirting?
  2. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

Its pretty hard to tell. I mean some people on here might say she's definetly flirting, some might say she's just trying to be friendlier. Honestly, everyone's diffrent, everyone flirts in different ways. Since you're not that interested in here (dating-wise) I wouldn't suggest flirting with her. Just be friendly with her, it might turn out she's a really interesting person.
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

yeah she might just want to be your friend.
  4. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

It's kind of hard to explain, but you just know. Main rule is physical contact and cheekiness IMO. A personal example,

I'd be showing a cowork how to do something on the phone but I stuff it up. My superior comes over and asks whats going on, 'I'm trying to teach x how to use the phone but she keeps breaking it' look and her laugh. She giggles, hits me gently and says no SD did it I don't know why you hired him ....I'd call that flirting, it is basically being playful and cheeky ... you just kind of feel it.