how can you tell?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ero, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ero

ero Member

ive blocked my brain form all things sex related. ive always said i was straight because its the most widely acceped. but i really dont know... how can you tell? ive never kissed anyone, male or female... i havent felt attracted to anyone that i know of... so how do i know what i am? i feel empty, not knowing who i really am. its weird....

2. ybt

ybt Guest

um, you go with what comes naturally, i find. even then it's hard. but you're not attracted to anyone? it's possible to simply not be interested in anything sexual. rare, but possible

3. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

I've got the same thing going on me. Some research I've done suggests that while with most people depression (or other things) sometime manifest themselves in a lack of interest in sex, with some it goes all the way to a complete lack of interest in relationships. Often, the start of this can be traced to a choice of sorts. For example, I was walking home from the library one day and I was thinking "This whole obsession with sex and getting horny and stuff, it's just a big waste of time. I'm done thinking about relationships. Period."

And just like that it was gone, and I haven't thought about it since.

How do you know? Well, at the moment, I'd just say I was straight if I were you, because that seems to be the default setting in the human species. But when the time comes, don't be afraid to try either side. You may just go a while without any feelings one way or another, and then suddenly feel attracted.

But don't worry about it.

4. ero

ero Member

ive been told by people that i just... seem like a lesbian. thats why no one has never shown interest in me, i guess. if anyone had, i would know by now right? i think im just unattractive maybe? i still have plenty of time i guess....