How come no one responds in online dating?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by SAVE_ME, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Surely I'm not that ugly? So what gives? How come people never respond? Not even a "Sorry, not interested..."
  2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I've used dating sites before and can only say that sometimes if I didn't respond to someone's message it would simply be because they weren't what I was looking for (not necessarily looks wise, but after reading their profile) and therefore a reply would be a waste of both of our time. Replying with "Sorry, not interested" or something similar feels kinda mean but also opens the door to them asking why, etc., so to save time and guilt I wouldn't reply. All I can suggest is just be persistent and perhaps fine tune your profile? Take out any unnecessary information and try to focus on only your best and most desirable qualities/habits.
  3. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I've gotten a few replies but overall I'm super paranoid about online dating. You aren't alone in that most people don't reply. I think it's either because they have a ton of messages and are extremely selective or just aren't interested.
  4. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I think the worst ones are when you exchange a few messages with someone and you think it's going well only for them to stop responding after so long. Makes me think I did something wrong.