• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

How compliant are you with your medication?

How compliant are you with your medication?

• Scheduled and exactly as prescribed

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Take extra than prescribed for X reason

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Abuse the medication completely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't take medication prescribed to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take less medication than prescribed for some reason

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just simply curious as read an article a few days ago which stated the obvious, that it causes you to be unstable, possible addiction, self harm with meds etc.. but I'm curious as to how people here take their medicines.

Don't worry, your vote is private and your answer cannot be seen by anyone.

Last edited:

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Um I picked 2 answers? Haha. For the most part I take exactly as prescribed, obviously with antidepressants. But with as needed stuff there are definitely times when I've needed more than the normal dose. I don't go too crazy though bc I'd be worried about addiction, and don't want to end up running out.

Sunspots

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I picked two answers for exactly the same reason as @sinking_ship.

I used to be a complete nightmare with my medication and would take myself off of them without telling anyone if I felt they weren't helping. But then I'd end up without any medication until my next psych appointment (which could be a few months), feeling like absolute hell and refusing to admit that maybe they had helped a little more than I gave them credit for. I haven't done that for a while though.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hmmm. Good question. I had a hard time choosing the answers, please go ahead and add that one :)
So clearly this is my vote.
I take less than prescribed and while one reason is legit (I'm having that over prescribed right now so I have "leftovers" to take across when I leave here) but otherwise I also don't "feel like" taking it all the time. Like I'm supposed to take an anti anxiety every day (buspar) and while I like it, it starts to feel.. heavy?.. after a while so I want to clear my head sometimes. I also space out some of my other regular meds (not psych meds) because I'm annoyed with them or just have medication fatigue.

I never take more than my prescribed meds but also rarely take it exactly as prescribed because who can manage that more than once a day?!

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
By the way, I hope you didn't think I was being a dick by asking about the taking less. I was just wondering because that was my own answer.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
By the way, I hope you didn't think I was being a dick by asking about the taking less. I was just wondering because that was my own answer.
Oh no not at all. Of course I didn't think that at all. I hadn't thought of it at the time of the poll and probably wouldn't have until you pointed it out. Don't worry :)

As for taking less of the sedatives, I get that, I used to be on Quetiapine and I couldn't function, was feeling like a zombie and falling asleep in public etc so I do get where you're coming from. Thanks for adding that in for me *thumbsup

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00