How Could You?

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

To all the people in my life,
    To help me you have tried,
    to my face you have lied,

I wont let beneath my skin,
    you won see what is within,
    it stings like a milllion pins,

Dont see the pain beneath,
    oh, how you've lied through your teeth,
    but now i really do see,

I hate the pain I mask,
    I feel like I'm always last,
    to you I must ask,

How could you betray me, and hurt me like that, how could you lie to my face, how could you? Friends, i thought id finally gotten a bit ahead, must you really hurt me like this though? dump me in the puddle and fuck it, i will drown. I have no more reason to go on, you were it all. How could you? How could you?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Thorn...I have felt this way many times...when I have been left to suffer in pain...when I have felt abandoned by ppl who were concerned that they would have to care for me...when told that they could not help me because _____ (fill in the reason for making me feel like a burden)...and yes, I have said, "how could you?" very often...thanks for sharing, J
  3. ThornThatNeverHeals

thanks sad, i wrote this because a person whom i looked up to make promises, then broke every one of them, i tried to keep mine, and i was never told by her of her mistake, even now she doesnt know i know, and i dont know how i can face it when i must speak to her... how could she? and to find out from another person. the pain of friendship, many times i wonder if it is worth it.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have felt the same, but that is the price of caring and I would rather have that than not at all...I know the ppl who did those things to me did not do them with any malice, which is different...they are just living their lives and do not want to remember that I cannot like I used sorry you were hurt in that does stink...J
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
  5. ThornThatNeverHeals

yea, i agree, and sometimes mistakes are made, some, not all, but partially.

thanks sad,
  6. ThornThatNeverHeals

im back here again, im back to this exact place. Im so alone. Ive seeked help from those who are the biggest help to me. I know a few just cant make it to the computer, but for others its just like im not here. I wish i could just do it, get it over with. If only i had the courage to do it tonight. Im exausted of dealing with people, and im tired of being a burden to those who i really do care about. Time to let go. Time to let go of the people, time to seek numbness again, if i can find it, ill find safety, and if not numbness i must recover that blade. But now I see how it is, i see past your words, but i can only ask, how could you abandon me in a time when i need you so... how could you lie and tell me ull be here... i sleep wondering how could you, and in my dreams even, before i die, and you tell me you dont want me around, and we are both better off without eachother, im always sobbing how could you? :blub:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.