How depressed are you?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

So how depressed are you? Most of the time my mood swings from mild to moderate depression... Few hours i feel pretty OK, than few hours i cant do nothing except sitting in room...
    Sometime, thankfully rarely i have severe depression, but it doesnt least more than day or 2...

And one thing more...
    Lately i feel very strange... I feel more numb than sad... is it normal?
  2. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

More numb that sad is normal I think. I was like that at one point and I've read of other people going numb after a healthy period of steady depression. The numbness passes.
  3. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

I have been diagnosed with severe depression.
  4. lauram

lauram Member

Not sure how depressed I am, could use the Goldberg scale but don’t see the point. I know I’m clinically depressed from my symptoms, I wake feeling extremely depressed nearly every day, luckily I can still get it together and act ‘as if,’ at work. To answer your question, yes it is ‘normal’ to feel numb while depressed, it is a common, although lousy, symptom. If you have a therapist or physician please share your experience with him or her, there may be a medication that can help or they may be able to offer you some coping tool to try. I hate the numbness more than the overwhelming sadness, it makes life completely colorless and empty.
  5. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

6. Xistence

Xistence Well-Known Member

7. TJ68

TJ68 Member

8. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

I feel severly depressed. I think if my Husband was home, it might lessen this feeling a bit.
  9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I usually get this severe depressed feeling from specific triggers, but then it turns to a murderous bitterness feeling and then i hold it all in.
  10. Lost&Confused

Lost&Confused Member

Since coming off my meds, things are starting to go downhill. I can't bear to think of the future and the suicidal thoughts are always there at the back of my mind...the prospect of death is so inviting yet so terrifying. I'm just so overwhelmed and the anxiety is becoming hard to bear. All I have to do is cope, but it's so hard.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2008
  11. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

My depression is very severe and my doc has reported me to be highly suicidal but because of my parents i hang on. The only time i feel ok is the 1st hour after i wake up. then my mood will start plunging downwards until I can't stand it anymore and have to lie down n close my eyes. If I am awake, I become an 'observer'. its as if I'm watching the world go by . No motivation to do anything at all even reading newspapers nor the internet. nothing. so it's really unbearable for me to even be conscious. thats how severe my depression is. I told my only friend here that if I had a gun, i would pull the trigger, if i was on a cliff, I would leap, if I had a knife, I'd slash my throat. But for my parents, I hang on tortured every hour, every minute that I'm awake.
  12. thegrey

thegrey Member

I think I don't mind dying now. I don't really know why I'm still living actually. And I really cannot see myself living past two years from now? Hmm this is how depressed I am? I no longer see any meaning in life, I can't be like the positive person I used to be.
    Haha I know I'm really weak.
  13. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

no you're not weak! :hug:
  14. Wormling

Wormling Well-Known Member

I have been depressed on and off for years. Sometimes, it gets really good and I am happy, but then I seem to slip back into depression. Most of the time, it happens for no appearant reason.

Currently, I am "severely depressed" on the golberg scale. -_-
  15. CapricornBabe

CapricornBabe New Member

i am new to this.. I am desperate.. MY son has just come home as he had started to live with his girlfriend and her child that he totaly adored and did all he could for and tolerated so much to make it ok for the little girl. It has ended and he is home and he is so depressed. we have been trying to support him and help him be active with jobs etc. The last few days he has gone down hill again and today is worse than ever, he wont visit the dr despite me asking and making several suggestions.. He is depressed and telling me he doesnt want to live and no matter what i say it isnt helping., I am in the UK and i am so scared and want to help him.. He feels he has lost friends and everything since the split and even my love i dont feel is enough at all.

I am sorry to bother u.. But i need some advice as i am lost and scared and i want to help him.. If i coul;d take all the pain and make it right, i would do.

Please may someone advice me

Thank u very much for your time and for listening

16. EllieThade

EllieThade Antiquities Friend

According to the Goldberg Scale (I never heard of it before), I scored severely depressed, which is a little surprising since I've felt much much much worse than I do right now. Before I had ECT late last year, I did nothing but think constantly of suicide and self-harm and was constantly in danger of hurting myself. I have been hospitalized in psych wards well over 30 times. The ECT helped, but some of my depressive symptoms are coming back. Life sucks, but I can function.
  17. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

sorry to hear about your son. You really have to get him to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist. the relationship breakup has probably trigerred his depression which results in chemical changes in the brain which makes things worse and left untreated, he could be suicidal and if he has hinted suicide, you have to get him to the docs cos its likely he will do it.
  18. tired82

tired82 Well-Known Member

I'm probably moderate-severe. My physcian had me on Lexapro, which I was only on for a month. It costs about $80 for a month's supply, & I couldn't really afford it. And it only change my mood slightly, and I was sleeping better. The biggest impact was the sexual side-effects, even though I haven't been sexually active for the last 1.5 years.
  19. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

I'm only mild. But it still fucking hurts.
  20. miss sixty

miss sixty Active Member

not sure really i get days where feel depresses and get suicidal images but mostly feel happy enuf..or do i am i ever truly happy i have a wonderful hubby and a working hol to nz to look forward to and a family who love me.

The answer is i honeslty don't know.:huh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.