how did it all end up like this?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sa Palomera, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I don't get it.

About a year ago when I was living at a student house, me and a friend from my class started talking about finding an appartment or something together, cuz we were both sick and tired of the homes we lived in.
    Less than 5 months later the 2 of us moved into a house, together with another girl from our class and her boyfriend.
    To me it felt like a new start.
    I also had a great job aside from college, with great atmosphere at work in general, and great contact with customers.
    Also I played footie in a team I may not be as much friends with as expected of me, but I loved playing and 'didn't mind travelling a bit further since the move because I loved playing so much.

And look at me now. Situation in a nutshell:
    I flunked last year, so re-doing the 1st year and if I fail a single course I get kicked off the entire programme.
    The girl from my class (the one with the boyfriend) kind of screwed us and now if we don't find a place to live soon, we'll be out on the streets by March 1st, and possibly even February 1st.
    If we find anything, it'll be out of town (due to prices) and I will have to quit the footy team and will only be able to work saturdays at my current job, and even that's not sure anymore.

And of course it's December, best month for be dealing with all this shit. Ya know with my birthday, Christmas, NYE, which I all want nothing more than my mum to be able to be there too. Oh and of course Mum's birthday would be this month too. Great month to be dealing with all this shit.

Oh and I don't know if it's stress related or something completely seperate, but I can't keep any food in, barely can keep liquids in, I have a fucking stomach flu.

So there it is. And I have no idea how I went from being happy, energetic, fun, busy to... this.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Advertise quick and get someone in so you dont have to move.
    Was fucked over by a flatmate and got lumbered with all the rent, which of course I couldnt meet. :dry:
    failing flat mate, how about halls for a while, uni should have some accommodation. :unsure:
    Might not be ideal but at least it would give you time.

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

the girl and her boyfriend shared a room, but the rent we split in 4. So we'd either have to find a REALLY rich student, or another couple. which really we don't want anymore.
    There's this organisation that provides student dorms on campus, but since we already live in the city we're not in the 'urgent' category. There's more students than dorms, so those living furthest away get all the rooms atm.

We did find something actually, my friend and I, and we're waiting for a phonecall to hear whether we will get it or not. But it is out of town and it means I have to quit the footy team and won't be able to work much if at all.
    And of course there's all these costs the first month, so I will be broke if we get it, at least for this month I'll be broke. But hey it's worth it. At least we know we have a nice place to live in a nice area and it's with a friend whom I've lived with tis year already so I know what she's like to live with.

It's just hard ya know. All this stress is interfering with school. I have a re-sit this Friday on British History and if I fail that exam, I'm done, Kicked off the programme.
    I'm normally quite calm in stressfull situations, but this is just too much stress.
    And this person who screwed me over... I'm so angry at her.. it's getting dangerously close to how I used to deal (or more like, not deal) with anger back in 2006, 2007...

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

A word with your course teacher/uni counsellor to explain what has happened might be the way to go.
    My second year was a nightmare, due to home commitments and they cut me a lot a of slack with my exam marks because of it.