how did u stop ?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by TJ, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

just wondering how others found it giving up the lifestyle and doing the drugs as well ? like how did u manage to do it ? ive relasped and really cant face the idea of being clean again for the fear of going thru withdrawls and all that tho i do have the desire to be clean again , how did u do it , get off stay off and move on with life ???

2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

By realising just how destructive and pointless drug taking and caning is.
    For me, procrastination is the biggest side effect of drugs.
    Sure, there have been times in my life when i have used them to escape, used them to push the boundaries.
    Thing is, they are masks........... all of us have to remove that mask at times, when we do, we look in the mirror and see the real us.
    Damn, the truth hurts.
    Kia Kaha Esther.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  3. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I cant say Im completely free, but the problem with me is finding something to replace it with.

It has become a big part of my life and time, without it Im confused at what Im supose to be doing with myself.

4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

5. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

im debating home detox or medical detox , theres pluses and minuses too bother what doesnt help me is that in apporx 8 weeks i have to find a new place to live. but tbh thats the least of my worrys right at the moment , all i need right now is treatment for my drug problem and then sort the rest later

6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I would say it all depends on what you have to ween yourself off of, but I do agree one problem at a time, so you dont get so overwhelmed, and if you find yourself drug free you may be able to afford a better place to live.

I do wish you luck its not going to be an easy journey but so worth the trip.

7. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

its days like today that i just want to say fuck it all , i got high today and felt so relaxed and somewhat human , but im told i shouldnt need drugs to feel that way ,

well yano i shouldnt need medication to live , and know full well if i come off them im better off dead ... its just they are prescribtions so it makes it all ok ... yeah i know drugs fuck with my head at times , and i know which ones to stay the hell away from , but sometimes life is just that much easyier when ur loaded ... its true and i cant not say it , life hurts to much without the use of drugs

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It depends on what you are doing and how much as the withdrawals can be dangerous on certain drugs...please do medical detox if there is any question...also, they can help you through it...big hugs

9. Sulpher_Skin

Sulpher_Skin Member

Getting off the pills or drugs isn't the hard part, in fact I view that as the easiest part. Stop taking them, but that is where the real issue comes in, staying off of them. It can be hard to almost impossible at times. A good majority of us have used our whole lives just to feel remotely normal and relaxed. Take away that self-medication, and a void opens that yearns to be filled, either healthily or not.

This is where the struggle comes in. You have to leave all your drug buddies behind, and sometimes you might just realize you never really had real friends, they were all druggies. This leaves a gaping loneliness that makes staying clean all that much harder.

Personally I visited and signed myself into a day-rehab set up. I knew I couldn't do it myself, I needed support to ever be successful. They test me regularly and gave me a sober network of friends to stand behind me and hold me up.

That's how it is for me at least.

10. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Erhm, i donno. I feel like i need something to break me out of this haze, but drugs are only making things worse so ive stopped. I stutter when i say stop but ive stopped. I just, didnt like that I felt how I feel on drugs, but that it dispersed when the drugs had left my system. I don't like lies or deception, and that's all it is :( ... I dont know if ill ever feel or begin to feel how i do on drugs, which is just a gateway to how i feel... But i know that drugs just.. wont solve anything. Atleast not for me

11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Medication to detox seems to help to get you started quickly okay meds and going in to treatment center is good as it helps you lay down a network of help if you do feel like you will relapselater on.
    Both would be the way i would take just me though i hope you can start to heal and stay clean meds will help with that

12. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

I was on poppy pod tea for awhile. I had legitimate reasons for it since I had terrible IBS type symptoms and was in constant pain from reflex and stomach issues (not to mention asthma as a side effect of the irritation). A naturalistic doctor helped me with the IBS (which was due to stress induced food intolerances) but as with any messed up person, I had trouble getting off the stuff. Luckily I had been careful to keep my dose constant, but unfortunately I had increased the frequency (from once or twice a week to once every two days, then I ended up with weak pods and got hit with a WD so had to do every day). I weaned myself off it to an extent but it was really hard...then discovered kratom, which helped me switch off the stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.