How did you decide on your user name

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Anonymous2, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

How did you decide on your user name?

I chose lonelychronicpainman because I’m lonely, suffer from chronic physical pain that never stops, and I’m a man. At the time that seemed like a good username, but it actually seems kind of dull now, and it sounds like the name of an old person; I’m only 25. I didn’t put much thought into this name because I thought I would be dead soon or only uses this forum to talk about suicide.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2007
  2. I chose to make several names that were related to one fact. Reznor's division of interscope, Nothing Records. Every small name I wanted were taken though, so I had to rethink about it & make it long instead. Too long to possibly be taken. I don't know if I have an annoyingly long SN though...... :unsure:

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Blackness, as in darkness
    In other forum I'm called black..... so I didnt want to use that or else people would know my identity :paperbag: , so I chose blackness. :)
    My quote in my sig also explains it...alone in the blackness...

4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

im Dawn just Dawn thats me so u will all know who u r talking to life has been hard and im begining to accept (im probably a lot older than most!!) that this is for me the way it is im prepared to share it and if i can help i want u to know who your talking to
    i totally appreciate thats not for everyone

TC all DAWN:smile:

5. It's my name :unsure: although I don't like it :dry:

6. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I consider myself a child and I will always be and I have this love to express my emotions and thoughts a lot thought I never show it in real life but I talk to myself a lot and I feel like I have a deep connection between me and myself. Though I express myself often, but it is mostly to myself cos I can't connect with the world. Yeah, simple as that I call myself expressive_child. I use this name in most forums I am joining too. I don't know what better name I could use anyway. Don't think other names suit me.

7. i chose Disenchanted Teenager because, one i'll start with the easiest, i'm just a teenager. Disenchanted means, (i know pretty much everyone knows what it means...on this page) can mean, crestfallen, disapointed...sad unhappy. things like that. i'm not happy with where i'm at in life. i hate saying that, because i feel selfish and pathetic.

8. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

I’m the exact same way. Sometime it seems as though I can’t help but talk about love. Almost every time I post, something about love usually comes up….And like you, I also never show my true emotions in real life. Most people in real life think I’m a tough, confident, stoic man. I usually go by the name Lonelyheart because it is a better representation of my deepest pain, sensitivity, soft-hearted disposition, and yearning for romantic love. Lonelyheart= lonely for love. I chose Lonelychronicpainman for the reasons I mentioned in my first post as well as the fact that I don’t want others from other forums to know I often contemplate suicide

9. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Wow..so we definitely have something in common in this. Most people I know think I am pretty reckless and lacking of emotions. But the truth is I am not like that at all. I use a different email that most people don't know when I am in forums. Only members of the same forum knows that email. Yeah, no one will thought I am contemplating suicide too. If I do it one day, I think everyone will be utterly shocked!

10. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Teehee what a topic :tongue:

First, on another forum, I saw someone called JediHunter. I liked the name Jedi, and didn't really know what it meant...

I had Jedi for a year, and now I changed it to what I'm known on other forums :D but you guys don't like it :(

11. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

well i've had a few different user names before i switched to this one. but i picked myscars because i have scars and their mine!! and no one can take them away from me

12. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Cos it does be my name :eek:hmy: well apat from the - 's of course lol

13. Innocent

Innocent Guest

This is why I picked this name:

I met <Mod:Edit:personal Info> from another forum. He told me he was on this forum and I knew other ppl that go to this forum as well from the other forum. One day I decided to join SF and Mod:Edit-Personal Info and I had had a fight recently, and he had told a lot of ppl about it and I know he had made me sound as bad as he could. We made up and I joined SF but what was on my mind atm was that ppl would think I was this horrible person, and I'm not. And that is how I came up with the name Innocent. Because I am innocent. All I have been trying to do is be a good friend to <Mod:Edit-Personal Info> , and I have done that in so many ways. But sometimes there is only so much you can take.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  14. Carfax

Carfax Member

I was thinking of Carfax Abbey from Dracula. I vant to suck sum blood, rofflecopter.

15. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I chose the name Mystic Eyes Because:

I'm Mystic and Elusive by nature. As well as being under-estimated and mis-judged. It all adds to my Mysteeq.

I chose the word Eyes in my username because my eyes are one of my best features. I guess I have those eyes in which I could be emotionless but my eyes would tell a million tales and show soo many emotions yet at the same time you could have no clue what so ever when looking into them.

16. Jolanta

Jolanta Member & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I chose my screen name as a tribute to my Polish ancestry.
    Jolanta is a Polish word for violet, my favorite :flowers:
    Violet is also my favorite color. :smile:
    Besides that Jolanta is not a common American name.
    And in addition to that I find the name Jolanta to be pretty.
    You can call me Jo for short. :cool:

With love from Jolanta

17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:laugh: People always ask me, from what show?
    I used to play concerts a lot and that's how everyone knew me. Oh that guy from that show. So I used it as my username and screen name for stuff :)

18. sandalwood

sandalwood Well-Known Member

a sandalwood candle sits to the left of my monitor. not so thrilling i'm afraid.

19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

when i was choosing a new username i was trying to think of something joyful lol, then i remembered making daisychains as a kid:tongue:

20. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

It's my first fluffy puppy wuppy kins's name - Prince Spikey of SpikeLand :biggrin: - we didn't have Prince Angel Furbaby of FurbabyLand at this point when I joined - (I commemerated Prince Angel with a tattoo on my wrist. No, it doesn;t say "Prince Angel Furbaby of Furbabyland, it simply says Angel) :tongue: , however, Spikey is a bit unusual, be it that people think I am a man :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.