How did you find your purpose in this world?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by nicesinging1, Mar 14, 2007.

1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Maybe someone will disagree but I strongly believe everyone is born with a purpose in this world. I believe if each one of us didn't have a purpose in this world, we wouldn't even be here.
    When I was growing up, I thought my purpose would come natural. For instance, I thought I would figure out what I want to do for this world easily, whether it be becoming an engineer, teacher, cook, manager, etc. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. It didn't come natural and I am still searching for my purpose in this world.
    I have some clues though. I want to work in business world as an accountant or specialize in tax and work for Fed. Gov. But it is still ambition that hasn't come to a fruition. In another world, I am still searching for my purpose.
    For people here who already found their purpose in this world, how did you find it? How did you come to realize it is truly what you want to do for your life?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

My purpose (sadly gone now) was to raise 3 boys. One blood son and two fostered. I take pride and joy from knowing they all had a happy childhood. What to do now tho....hmmmmmm:unsure:

3. immure

immure Account Closed

to raise my kids then to take pleasure in havin grand kids. which i have informed my kids i want plenty. i also say we should live together till we die in a mansion with all our passions supported and all the mundane takin care of by our well aprisiated servents. lol we dream big and lots. we will build a space ship like star trek. and have a lab where we will make a telaport we can use. anyway whatever tickles ur pink if u get me

xxxx xxx
    xxxxxxx xxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxx
    x

4. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

Professions like engineer and doctor are man made... they are not reasons to live per see...

What those professions can do for you or others are the end result... i.e. a doctor can help others... that is a purpose or a reason. You could be a doctor just so you yourself could survive... not all doctors have to be rich and make money... thats just something that western/American culture thinks, not the truth.

5. downmage

downmage Well-Known Member

That was a question I use to ponder a lot and I think I have come to some conclusions about it. I think we are given life in this physical body to experience joy, appreciation, happiness, freedom, love, empowerment, passion etc. But it is up to us to find our way to experience these kind of feelings.

At a early age I discovered what I was good at doing but was discourged from doing so by my dominering mother and grandmother. Instead, I tried to please them and did what they wanted. The only thing I could say to you is to " follow your bliss ". Create or perish is the eternal mandate of nature.