how did you land in hospital?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by wecouldfightcrime, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wecouldfightcrime

wecouldfightcrime Active Member

for anyone who overdosed, here's a question. how did you land in an ambulance and then in hospital?
    did someone find you? did you freak out and call an ambulance on yourself? etc.

first time for me my boyfriend got my goodbye text and called an ambulance which drive around the countryside for ages until they found me. second time i freaked out and started acting weird and sick so my mum took me to the doctors and i ended up confessing and he made my mum take me to hospital because me heart was freaking out.

thankyou for any replies. i wish everyone luck xxxxx
  2. MisterBGone

My parents found me... It was horrible... I was too old to be doing that there then... Not to mention that it was also my first--but sadly not last (not even close!)--venture into the mental health unit.
  3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

When I took an overdose a few months ago I was round my boyfriends house and it happened about 1am i was going through a lot of stuff at the time with debts pilling up and and really i couldn't the pressure anymore so I took the pills. It was a huge handful but enough to make ill, when my boyfriend finally found out I had taken them we researched the best options for assistance and then decided a+e was the best option for me at the time. I was very poorly with other stuff with regards to my tummy but i got help. When I got to the a+e after explaining what happened, at first they were gonna laugh it off thinking it was a minor amount and suddently due stress/severe tiredness, I felt dizzzy and really Ill i couldn't talk properly, i coouldn't stand up and then I ended up the main majors unit of the a+e and things deterioated, i was sick everywhere and dehydrated and basically needed their help. They were very kind to me at the time and i explained them everything that was going on and i ended up staying for the rest of the night in the hospital.
    But I promised to them i would never do it again, yet a couple later I since relapsed and luckily didnt end in a+e again. I just wanna say thank you to my wonderful boyfriend you have been amazing to me the last year. I love you lots.
  4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

was at work in another state and my boss found me slumped over my cubicle - my first attempt and i hadn't taken that much yet and hadn't counted on the effects of the cold medicine i was taking so they roused me enough to have a car service get me home - after i got there i passed out on my bed and my wife called an ambulance to take me to the hospital

spent all night on a gurney in the hall because they had no other space available which was good and bad because it gave me enough time to figure out what i was going to say so that they WOULDN'T admit me to the psych ward - i been in there once a few years back voluntarily (if you could call it that) and there is no way i will ever go back to that place again

to this day the only other people who know i tried to OD are the people on this site
  5. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

-wrote letter
    -people holding me while burning
    -firefighters out of car
    -od disappeared
    -broken and burn leg

No insurance, accepted at hpspital only because it was an emergency, psychiatrist wanted to send me to a psyc guard, couldn't send me because I had no Insurance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.