How Did you Pick your Name?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by FoundAndLost1, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh-so-long I've been curious about this!
    Some names here are quite 'out there', and some are self-explanatory - how do you see yourself when you pick a 'handle' to represent your Self online, and what do you mean to convey - mystery, intelligence, aloofness, superiority or humbleness ---- distance, anonimity, or a joining with the rest of humanity. We were all given names at birth, but what made you choose your online identity?

(Found And Lost are simply two adjectives that apply to me in that order - through a lot of crapola, and describe my state)
  2. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

I think mine is self explanitory hehe.I picked it to convey the message that "yes i have been there" so i do no how your feeling ( most of the time).
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Mine is what I am. I am Scum, therefore that is my name.

Nice and easy
  4. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

(From Wikipedia, I couldn't be bothered to explain it myself)

"The Malcontent is a character type often used in Shakespeare's plays. This character is discontent with the events and other characters in the play. He or she is often an observer who comments on the action and may even show awareness that they are in a play.

The malcontent is an important figure in later English Renaissance drama. The role is usually both political and dramatic; with the malcontent voicing dissatisfaction with the usually 'Machiavellian' political atmosphere and often using asides to build up a kind of self-consciousness and awareness of the text itself which other characters in the play will lack to the same extent.

The morality and sympathy of the malcontent is a massive variable.
    The malcontent will almost always be presented wearing black, and is always an isolated figure in the court."

That english lit a-level wasn't wasted :rolleyes:
  5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Because it be my name lol Well i hope its my name!! :eek:hmy:
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Matthew 25:40 "... verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

A reminder to help those less fortunate than myself - and there are many, for I am blessed, whether I think so or not - and a reminder that humility is an excellent character trait.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My grandmother always used to tell me "A gentlelady never asks too many questions." Of course this was always after I had been questioning her constantly. So by age 5 I no longer asked them, just did what I was told. Hence gentlelady.
  8. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

NOTE TO GENTLELADY: My parents always taught us to question EVERYTHING and to take nothing for granted... I still do.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Difference in philosophy I guess. Another saying is a quote she told me to always be mindful of. "Mine is not to question why. Mine is just to do or die." You know the end of that story.
  10. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

i got my handle because of my broken soul...

its in pieces, and well i havent been whole for the longest time...
  11. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

My name, is a nickname i have =) Online my name is either Allo, Allo.., Pasanova or Apasanova.

Allo is a nickname and the two dots represent that I am not finished, that there is always more, and that everything seems to get trailed off into the distance after a while.

Pasanova is what a lot of people know my last name as, it's not that, but a friend tried to pronounce it and i said no, so she said "So what is it then?! Pasanova?!" and from then on, that's what it's been =)
  12. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

well one, it's a line in a song i love and 2 cause i literally use to smile
  13. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

My screen name is from the T.V. show MXC. IF you've seen the show then my name should be funny to you, if you've never seen it then my name doesn't make as much sense.
  14. shellz

shellz Guest

My name is how my nephews and neices say it when they first start out talking. Its either that or shell, and that was boring to me.
  15. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

Mine comes from a few different things. First, I have bipolar and I love my cats. Hence, bipolarkitty. But also, one of my cats is crazy. I swear she has bipolar just like her momma. I call her my bipolar kitty. :biggrin:
  16. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

Cos I lack imagination? :biggrin:
  17. Teo

Teo Active Member

I thought of tail then changed it to tael.
  18. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Its my real name lol
  19. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Because i lack's my real name :eek:hmy:
  20. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Member

Because i'm paranoid. :blink: Dont need to risk friend/family/associates etc etc etc etc finding me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.