How do get past it?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by byebyebeautiful, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byebyebeautiful

byebyebeautiful Account Closed

Well I thought I should really say my story, after being on here for several months.

throughout my life I have suffered abuse at the hands of my mothers boyfriends, and my brother, along with past boyfriend/s.

My dad, who I lived with for the first 2.5 years of my life, he used to beat my mum up, he also tried to sexually abuse me, when my mum wouldn't do what he wanted. After we left him, he tried to get custardy of us, until the day he died in may 2003.

Then I had the school bullies. That lasted until I moved from there, but dont forget i had my brother, who loved to beat me up, and take the piss out of me being deaf.

When I was 8 my mum met her next boyfriend, he was also abusive, he would beat my mum up with whatever came to hand, we had to flee him. He used to through me into walls, and my mum did nothing. She got high with him, did drugs and everything. Pretty normal for her during those times.

We left there when I was 10, then she met her current boyfriend when i was 13, he is abusive. not physically, although he has punched me 3 times, which my mum doesnt believe, and I doubt will ever. He likes to hurt me put me down and make my life a missery. Some people here know I moved to scotland for a month, where Kenny looked after me. Helped me and fed me.

I had my own abuser for a while, I call him that because he wasnt a boyfriend, he didnt treat me right. he would rape me, tie me up and do all he wanted in the 6 hours we spent together each weekend. He tried to kill me. But I dont want to talk about that.

thats the basics of my life.

Holly.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am sorry for everything that has happened to you :arms:
    Have you tried counseling at all? This sounds like something that would be very scary to go through alone.

3. camerondavid

camerondavid Guest

Wow, that's horrbile. Have you ever told anyone about this? Like, the police? Or another adult other than your mom?

4. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

Oh Holly, :( That's very very sad. You are a sweetheart and you deserve better. *hug *hug *hug you have endured so much and I know there is something more out there for you, a better life. I wish I could say more, but no words could describe what I feel. :(

Dawn

5. byebyebeautiful

byebyebeautiful Account Closed

thanks for the replies. i am in therapy, and have been for the last 2 years, its not helping. my mum knows. and has tried to be supportive, she just doesnt know what to do.

6. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hi :smile:

Have you thought about changing therapists? Sometimes it doesn't work because you just don't have the right working relationship with them. If you talk to your therapist about your worries that you're not getting anywhere, they may try a different approach, or they may even suggest trying someone else.

Don't give up. I know how hard it is. PM me if you want to

Lauren :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.