How do I ask my friend to hang out with me?

ShyGuy

My local friend, the one I met once to watch a movie with in a movie theater earlier this year and we've been texting eachother, the..

They said they'd love to hang out with me soon.

On today (Friday) and tomorrow and part of Sunday, I'm watching over my brother's house while he's away and my mom keeps telling me to ask that person to come hang out with me (for the second time irl) at my brother's house since I'll be alone watching it.

I don't think my mom is always good at advice.. I say the friend didn't respond, and my mom keeps saying I can't let this opportunity go by so go message them again asking her.

And my mom kept saying that, so now the2%

OK GOSH DANG HECK

I seriously typed a LONG long LOOOOOOONG post here and when I hit "post thread" it asked me to log in again and then nothing was posted and I hit the back button and now most of what I wrote is gone. And I hate typing with this touch screen keyboard, I don't wanna type it all up again.. ;-;

;----; I need advice but my shoulder hurts from leaning on my bed spending an hour typing the original post here

Uugh

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Pick a time. Ask them if that time works for them. Let them know — (tell them) — that you’re interested in getting together to do something with them. Because you think it’d be fun, and that you’d really enjoy spending some time hanging out and laughing, having a good time, etc. That’s the long version! Or, if that’s too hard / much. Shorten it: don’t overthink— just ask them... “hey, so & so, are you free on Saturday? Oh you are... Well, that’s great! Look—I was wondering if you might like to go to the movies with me or maybe grab a bite to eat. Something like that... it doesn’t even matter to me, I just wanted to get the chance to hang out with you, because it’s been a really long time since we’ve gotten the opportunity to & so on — & so forth!” (Ok, I see now, that that was no so short a version! Sorry..;))

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yeah, you're over thinking here.
Text your friend and say "hey, man, I'm gonna be here watching movies on saturday if you want to get together. I was thinking of ordering a pizza after" (or whatever you plan to do) and then he'll text back and say yeah, great or maybe he's doing something else and will decline. People do this *all the time* okay? You got this.

ShyGuy

I really freaking wish the post I spent an hour typing up wasn't erased from technological problems cuz I gave a lot more information in it

I told them I'm really nervous but I'm watching over my brother's house so I'll be alone and I'd like her to visit and hang out with me. But she doesn't respond. Then I sent her a drawing of me and her as hamsters, and she responded in less than 20 seconds saying it's so freaking cute.

Then I again said I'm some dependent guy that follows others and never comes up with my own plans cuz my older brother always makes fun of me so I never come up with my own plans and I always just follow others and I said I'm very nervous 👉👈 but I'd like to hang out with you on Friday or the next day (or the day after that) and again she didn't respond

And my mom kept saying to don't let that opportunity go, keep asking her. So there's like 2 pages of texts of me asking her like 4 times in a row if she'd like to visit when I'm alone taking care of my brother's house, and she keeps not responding.

I keep telling my mom maybe she's not comfortable with it since I only met her irl one time previously, but my mom says naw she's definitely comfortable with that I'm a nice guy.

The last text was last night when for like the fourth time that day and 10th time this week where I once again said I'm very super nervous 👉👈

OK MY DAD HARASED ME RIGHT NOW --
AaAAAAH I AM SHAKING I WISH I Could vocally say everything on my mind

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
oh yeah okay, so I mis read this situation, my friend. This right here?
So there's like 2 pages of texts of me asking her like 4 times in a row if she'd like to visit when I'm alone taking care of my brother's house, and she keeps not responding.
That means she doesn't want to hang out, okay? She doesn't want to hurt your feelings and just say no (for whatever reason) but please for the love of god, don't ask her again. If you want her to keep being friends with you then stop asking because asking more than twice is a mistake and you're on four times. She doesn't want to hang out.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Sorry, man. That is crappy. You can play games at your brothers, right? Hang out here. Get some food. You'll be okay I think. You have stayed alone before, I think you can do it for 2 nights again and then he'll be home.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
ShyGuy, how would you say it went when you two did hang out together? What was her demeanor like? What did she talk about? Did she say she enjoyed herself or no?

ShyGuy

It went alright. I told her I post on this forum as ShyGuy (like I told the 4chan steam group chat before they banned me, and now the haters always quote what I say on this forum when they make fun of me =\) so I probably shouldn't go into details.

An update is that she told me I'm ok, she's just been busy with work and um again like earlier I'd rather not give too many details.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Okay, you don't have to. I was just asking because I was trying to help you assess whether or not she wants to hang out with you again.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Okay, you don't have to. I was just asking because I was trying to help you assess whether or not she wants to hang out with you again.
He asked her *four times* over *pages of text* and she's ignoring him. She's already told him her answer.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
He asked her *four times* over *pages of text* and she's ignoring him. She's already told him her answer.
Well, yeah. That does seem like a pretty clear indicator. I just thought maybe there might be some shred of hope if she had a good time hanging out before. Maybe it was just all the texting that irritated her.

ShyGuy

She said she's getting a tattoo tomorrow night and she's not sure if she'll be down to hang out after that or not.

Again she said she's busy with work on a Friday and she just didn't respond cuz she was busy with work

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You've let her know that you'd like to hang out, and when you are available. It's on her now. If she can and wants to come hang out she'll let you know. I know it sucks waiting to find out if your friend is going to hang out with you are not, but if you keep bringing it up over and over that's not going to help.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00