How do I change this?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Sa Palomera, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Okay as some of you might know I have had a pretty unhealthy lifestyle for quite a while.

Well a few weeks ago I've turned that around a bit. Ever since I've got a job I get out of bed at a decent time most days (depending on what time I have to work, usually between 6am and 10am). The days I have to work I have breakfast or at least make sure I eat something before 11am, I have lunch on the days that I have to work and I've been eating dinner at more regular and earlier times (between 5.30pm and 8pm) than before. I still don't cook often, but I'm going to change that soon too.
    Also I've been exercising regularly. Going for 45 min runs (compensates for the 1.5hr bike ride that I used to have when I was still in therapy).

Apart from my sleeping pattern, I am even leading a somewhat normal, healthy(-ish) lifestyle! :blink:

The sleeping pattern still sucks, not so much anymore if it comes to the times (I go to sleep before 1 or 2am when I have to work early, and before 3am on my days off or when I have to work late. But I keep waking up every hour or every 2 hours, and I'm wide awake around 7 max. So in the end I'm still at only 4hrs a night.
    That's not my problem though, cos I'm going over the sleeping issues with my therapist.

The problem is, that, as you can read above, even though I live a way healthier lifestyle (or maybe because of it), I have started losing weight again. I don't know exactly how much, cos I haven't got a scale at home.
    But I do know I was back at my normal weight (around 55kg [8.7 stone / 125.3 lbs] at a length of 1.64m [+/- 5.4ft I think] ). And I've been losing a lot of weight again now.
    My jeans are all nearly falling down me bum again and I fit into clothes of 4 years ago.
    I've had this a few months back as well but back then it was cos I went on daily bike rides of 1.5hrs, and running for 45 mins at least twice a week and often I wouldn't eat anything but dinner.
    Now I don't do the bike rides anymore and I do have breakfast and dinner.

I always say, I don't mind losing weight, as long as I'm over 50kg (110 lbs / 7.9 stone). But I think I'm heading there at the moment if this weight loss won't stop.

How do I stop this? :unsure:
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

1. It could be something internally that's causing you to lose weight. So you might consider getting it checked out.

2. It could be your body's natural way of sayinig thanks for getting back into a routine. When you are somewhat not motivational and dont' do much your body goes into limbo. You working and sleeping somewhat normally might be a shock to your body and it could be it's way of counteracting with what you are doing.

If it gets dangerously lower or if it gets tot he point where you yourself are concerned see your doctor and he could put you on something that could help it or prevent the rapid weight loss. Good luck honey.
  3. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

The running is a bit excessive. You'd only ever need to do about 30 mins max at once, a few times a week, if you just want to keep your heart healthy. 45 mins is going too far into burning up fat storage mode.

You say you have these meals on your work days but do you still have breakfast and dinner on non work days or just dinner?
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hmm might cut the running down to 30 mins then.

And I also have breakfast and/or lunch when I'm off work. I make sure that I eat something before 2pm at the latest :dunno: