how do I chat here?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by debigirl, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debigirl

debigirl New Member

confused on how to use this site

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

debigirl, are you asking about using the chatrooms on here??? if yes first you need to download the java language form java.com.. if you have this language installed on yoru puter then click on the chatroom in boldfaced print at the top left of any screen on here.. that will take you into chat and the lobby.. once there you need to look at the icons at the left of all the rooms.. a triangle means that room is occupied.. do not stay in the lobby .. that is against the rules.. a room with the triagnle at front and you want to go into , then put the cursor on that line and an icon will appear at the far righ tof that line.. left click on that and you will change rooms and should be in the chatroom.

once in you should see the talking by those in there.. there is an open box and put curor in there and left click again.. then what you type will show up in that box and hitting the enter key will post it in chat for all there to see..when done and want to leave chatroom look at the icons at bottom of screen.. at the right end of the icons is the one to click on to logoff chat.. that will take you back to the forums page..

FYI there is also a lot of activity in the forums on here.. take a look at all of them and see if any of them seem to be something you can relate to personally.. most posts do get resplies adn is sort of an ongoing conversation for all to come back to and see...

let me know if my directions on chatroom work for you and how that goes for you.. Jim

3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hello there - welcome to SF. What jimk has said before is useful. An updated version of Java is recommended to be able to use the chatroom itself.

Perhaps reading the rules of the site will help you understand what everything is all about. Click here to read it. Right near the bottom there's a trio of FAQ of which one is "Cant Get Chat To Work?"

Hope you find the support you are looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.