how do i continue living (without committing suicide)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lowead, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowead

lowead New Member

hello to all,

3 days ago i also posted.

i am in dire mental situation. according to most doctors my mom doesn't have much time to live. she has cancer.

i can't live with out her and i don't see myself having enough energies in getting over the pain. the loss is too great for me. at present i believe i am going to end my pain, although if there is one reason whihc is preventing me from 100% doing this act is the pain i will cause to my otehr loved ones - sisters, father and etc.

from experince, is there anybody here whom has been through something similar? how did you continue living?

warmest regards and waiting for your replies

2. ppppaaauul

ppppaaauul Member

hi,

its a difficult one and if you get any good replies let me know, i find when im busy im fine but since my last attempt ive lacked any motivation to do anything really so the boredom and thoughts really kick in which isnt a good thing.

3. Issac

Issac Member

On your mother's side, your mother surely hope you could live a better life, don't make her disappointed, this is called life.Actually your life is the continue of your mother's life.Change the grief to the power you live......everything will go on better..believe yourself, make your mother and your family happy is your responsibility....I believe you can go on and lead a better life after this...

4. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I'm in almost exactly the same place you are. I lost my Mom 7 months ago. It's hard for me to grasp the thought of the rest of my life without her. I guess two things keep me from ending things. One, that Mom would not want that for me, and two, the additional grief it would cause my siblings.

I wish I had an easy answer for you, but there isn't one. You need to support and love each other as a family. Not only are you going to need them, but they're going to need you.

Keeping busy is a good suggestions. It keeps you from dwelling on the saddness. Negative emotions have a way of feeding on themselves, putting you into a downward spiral.

You can PM me anytime you need someone to listen.

5. lowead

lowead New Member

Dear Cybrsk8r:

MAny thansk for your reply. Greatly appreciated. i need to make a rational decision if i take my life away or not. the suffering i will cause my family will also be great so that is a factor against kiling myself but on the other hand the pain dealing with this terrible reality i am in is far too great for me to imagine. hence i need a rational decision and for that i would like to ask you - how long after the terrible event in your life did you start balance out emotionally? in other words, in the most bluntest way) how long after did you stop crying at night when you were alone in bed ?

waiting for your reply.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.