How do I cope with a new relationship?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Pentacle, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentacle

Pentacle Well-Known Member

Ahh, I find it really difficult to talk about this stuff,

I was raped when I was 15 by my then boyfriend who had plied me with ecstacy that night. At first I never knew it had happened until I found out I was pregnant by him. I had an abortion at 6 weeks.
    There was no other way it could have been any other night because I was a virgin at the time.

I've had counselling for it, and I've put it behind me but I can't help but feel my new partner might do the same.

I'm 17 now, and the man I am with treats me with the utmost care and respect. I feel like a princess when I am around him, but I can't get my past experience out of my mind. Does any one else know how to cope with it? I can't go back to my counsellor because she was a school counsellor and I've left school. I don't want to go to another one because I find it difficult to speak to people face to face.
  2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

You can see how far you have come already in starting to trust this new guy.
    He sounds great, and im glad someone is treating you as well as you deserve.
    Just let yourself take it at your own pace. dont expect everything to be solved at once and give yourself time, but dont judge all guys by the same standard.

Could you maybe talk to him about it?

3. Pentacle

Pentacle Well-Known Member

I don't know if I could talk about it. I know I should, but I don't want him running a mile.
    I don't even know if he will leave me because of it, but it has happened once before.

I'm just scared that I'll be let down again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.