How do I cope with this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ugly, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ugly

Ugly Active Member

I have 2 problem that is destroying my life.

1. I am ugly, I'm not kidding. I don't even look normal, and every time I look at myself in the mirror, I cry

2. I can't smile, I'm not kidding. I can't smile, though there doesn't seem to be anything that would make me smile anyway. My face is so twisted that it look like it shatter.

I don't know why I am born like this:sad:

I can rant on and on, but there would be no point when I was born this way.

I'm not suicidal at this moment, but everyday I am itching more and more toward death.

Why should I still continue to struggle in life?
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Because what's important isn't whats on the outside but rather on the inside. And it is so hard to believe that but it's true. Members here post words of caring and help to hundreds of "faceless" people everyday. It doesn't matter if you are ugly or gorgeous. There is no way to tell that over the internet (unless you do skype or something). But we all share pain and torment here. I'm glad you are able to come here and share with us. Now let the members here help you. I'd say you have a gentle heart because you care enough about yourself to want to be here sharing with others. Please let us help. Trust me as you mature you realize that looks aren't as important as the media or anything else wants you to believe. What's important is what you see when you look deep inside yourself. And I think you probably find someone who is quite wonderful but hurting really bad.
    Everyone here has the right to what they are feeling so that makes no ones pain or hurt any more worse or better than anothers. Yes you are in pain because of your looks. But another members pain is just as bad as yours for what ever reason they are feeling it. So please dont try to minimize other members hurt by saying yours is greater than theirs. Just let us help you as best as we can.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008
  3. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

The thing is, you are lucky, you have a problem which you know exactly what it is, and if you work towards it you can fix it. And another thing is, don't think that every single ugly person in the world is going through emotional hurt and when you turn ugly your life is over.

Im ugly, and it hasnt bothered me once in my entire life. Its just down to people making you feel bad. All you need to do is go see a therapist or councellor and talk it through. If my assumptions are right something has made you become more self-aware then usual, did you just go through relationship troubles

This is a thing you'll overcome. You will, you just need to either make yourself feel pretty or attractive, by working out, or improving your facial features, or anything. Besides you might even be blowing the thing out of proportion. I mean... just speak about What even possibly may of made you feel bad about your looks
  4. dreamer

dreamer Well-Known Member

Your thread is right to the point. No faffing around huh.
    Your question is one we all ask.. why should we continue to struggle in life? Its a valid point for alot of us here because we are all going through serious problems. I have symphathy for you but you shouldnt think that your problem is worse then others though. Mental pain can be excruciating.
  5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I dont know how can you cope with that. Im ugly to, very ugly, no one loves me. Well, add me to you msn. We can chat there. Really dont know what to say at the moment.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  6. ASG

ASG Member

You're not ugly! The truly ugly people in this world are those who've made you feel that way.

You're probably just obsessively self conscious and way too self critical. Be the person you are, be kind, be generous, be considerate, be humble, strive to be the best you can be at everything of substance you do, improve the things you can improve, grow in the ways you can grow and pay no attention to those who are superficial, their opinions about almost everything are completely worthless because they are flawed at heart.

You'll be happy and content if you do these things.

The world has changed and physical attributes are not the predominant contributing factor in the mating game anymore.

BOLIAO Guest

you can go to a plastic surgeon to 'modify' your external looks if you feel very strongly about it. Plastic surgeons can do wonders to your body.
  8. touglytobeloved

And how much money do you need for that?

BOLIAO Guest

I wouldnt know but perhaps start saving for it then.
  10. Ugly

Ugly Active Member

Technically I shouldn't be ugly, but people have been calling me "ugly" or "funny looking" ever since I was a kids. It also the reason why I was constantly bullied and pick on in class almost everyday.

I try not to dwell on the past, but it so hard not too when there are tons of pretty girl outside...It tough knowing they won't date you...and the feeing is heart-broken.

When I look at myself in the mirror, I'm as average as the next guy. Some people call me a "cuties", and it feel good. But when I look at my face toward the side, I look deform, like I wasn't fully develop yet. So it really hard to talk to any girl on my side, and I know I have a nice face in the front, but I just don't know why I would look so ugly on the side?
  11. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

first of all, take a trip to the park, or the mall (somewhere crowded) and check out all the couples and then rate the guys -- cute, not so cute, chubby, bald, etc etc... i bet you will find all kinds of combos, some cute guys with cute girls, yes, but plenty of regular looking guys with girls, too.

i think perhaps your image of yourself has been distorted by all those people who were so mean to you. it takes alot of work to argue back with a negative self-image but it can be done. maybe you are not so ugly, after all? what if they were wrong? it's possible.... some kids are just cruel and if that's the case, there's no reason why i would believe them.

12. Placebo

Placebo Well-Known Member

Don't encourage people to get plastic surgery; it's dangerous, and can sometimes leave the person looking worse than how they started out.

Worst advice EVER.
  13. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Society is fucked these days, people are so into media and the hedonistic way that they let it get into their heads and think looks and pleasure are everything and think that being rich or famous represents achieiving the 'goal'. Please think harder and just come out of your shell to think about what really is important and make it happen.

Sorry if i misunderstood.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  14. Xian

Xian Well-Known Member

^i agree and people throw the word ugly all around. remember beauty is very subjective, there are shallow people out there who only care about an extreme sexual attraction and of course their relationships usually don't last long.
    the point is we're all so much more than our sexual attractiveness lets on...
  15. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Plastic surgery is terrible advice .... it is risky, painful and expensive. I'd reccomend seeing a psychiatrist. I have similar issues with how I look. Trust me, it's never your looks ... how you look is a crutch, an excuse for your confidence levels. Lots of disgusting looking people put themselves out there and have relationships, and I bet you look better than them. I know this is easier said than done though, especially if you have issues under the surface you don't want to reveal to anyone ..
  16. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

That's good advice
  17. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Have you actually talked to some girls and heard what they have to say about how you look? You might be pleasantly surprised.
  18. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

It's hard to talk to them when they run away, screaming and vomiting.

The world is not kind to ugly people, yet they wonder why we want to leave.
  19. touglytobeloved

There are 2 kind of things (and also people) in the world, beautifull and ugly. Everyone is in search for the beaty. Its a fact.
  20. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Actually that isn't a fact, its just you blinded by your emotions. And plus one persons trash can be another persons treasure. Some people see beauty in ugly people and vice versa.

However, there are many different people alot more mature than to judge people by their looks and base happiness on exterior. The majority of younger people look for beauty though. It's the media, like commercials that tell you if you buy this product you will look beautiful. There is a lot more to it, but it is all just a marketing scheme and many fall for it. Unfortunately it is hard to survive these days when a lot of people are basing relationships on looks, but that is why there are so many break ups because of this. again think harder.

sorry if i misunderstood
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.