How do i do it?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Shauna Lea, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Please tell me how i can get over him....nothing is working!
  2. wait, do things to keep your mind of him, thats all you can do
  3. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Ive been waiting for months and i keep myself busy as much as i can...but it still hurts like hell! Any other ideas? :sad:
  4. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Rather than frantically trying to keep yourself busy all of the time, which is exhausting and lowers your ability to cope; have you tried any kind of meditation? I know it sounds kind of corny and all but having the ability to quiet the mind is a good thing even if it is only for a short time. I have been studying buddhism for a year now and it has helped me tremendously. There are different methods of meditating and it doesn't have to be religious in any way. Even the Buddhism is more of a traingin of the mind rather than a religion. if you are interested in the meditation you can let me know and I can give you some examples and suggestions.
  5. You can write down on some paper "I WILL BE STRONG AND I'M GOING TO MOVE ON" Do several lines and then read it to yourself out loud :biggrin:

Try it!
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The above suggestions are good ones Shauna. Also remember it does take time. It can seem like forever, but it will fade eventually. You have to be willing to let it though, and you are not yet at this point. keep talking and communicating. It will make the difference for you. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.