how do i explain that i m not lesbian i m straight but this dream is killing me

last night i had a dream more like a nightmare ohhhh geeez damn idk wer to start i been depresssion so therefore i have been getting counseling so i have a counselor and so last night my nightmare was something like i had an appointment with my counselor so when i go there she tells me there is construction going on so you would have to come to my place and we can just talk there i was thinking that but its not allowed so what sud i do but then i was like maybe its ok so then i m like ok and she is like y dont u come in my car so u dont have to walk far away i m well tahts nice of her so i go and than we sat on the couch than we started talking and all the sudden she starts moving towrds me and i kind of start moving back and than i realize it was the end of the couch so i stayed put so than she started coming close to my face i ws thinking wat the hell and then she started "kissing" me i was like damn what the hell i wanted to punch her in the face n than she started acting "dirty" and i just wanted to run away but than i m like wat u doing. and she is like i neeed someone i am like what but than she started crying i m like mayb she needs me but than i say well i have to go so i leave but the whole time i was like im not lesbian so wha the hell is going so but my question is i have to go see in the upcoming few days but i m jusst like sud i go what if the nightmare cums real grrrrrrrrrrrrr what sud i do btw when i go see here i think i would like to tell her somehow that this is what happend and it keeps coming bak so how sud i tell her in way that its not direct n straght forwad

Last edited by a moderator:

necrodude

first dont stress dreams like that are natural. dont let them interfere. and if she does "come on to you" then just say you are straight. plain and simple. the odds are she wont, so just be cool

last night i had a dream more like a nightmare ohhhh geeez damn idk wer to start i been depresssion so therefore i have been getting counseling so i have a counselor and so last night my nightmare was something like i had an appointment with my counselor so when i go there she tells me there is construction going on so you would have to come to my place and we can just talk there i was thinking that but its not allowed so what sud i do but then i was like maybe its ok so then i m like ok and she is like y dont u come in my car so u dont have to walk far away i m well tahts nice of her so i go and than we sat on the couch than we started talking and all the sudden she starts moving towrds me and i kind of start moving back and than i realize it was the end of the couch so i stayed put so than she started coming close to my face i ws thinking wat the hell and then she started "kissing" me i was like damn what the hell i wanted to punch her in the face n than she started acting "dirty" and i just wanted to run away but than i m like wat u doing. and she is like i neeed someone i am like what but than she started crying i m like mayb she needs me but than i say well i have to go so i leave but the whole time i was like im not lesbian so wha the hell is going so but my question is i have to go see in the upcoming few days but i m jusst like sud i go what if the nightmare cums real grrrrrrrrrrrrr what sud i do btw when i go see here i think i would like to tell her somehow that this is what happend and it keeps coming bak so how sud i tell her in way that its not direct n straght forwad
Dreams like this are natural. It's probably been triggered by stress. If you've been stressing out recently, I think that you should probably find out what's stressing you out and solve that. Secondly I would tell your counselor about this. Explain to her what the 'nightmare' was about and tell her that you're straight. Most nightmares don't come true. I've yet to see a nightmare coming true and coming to haunt you. Counselors aren't allowed to harass you in any manner. May that manner be psychical, emotional or sexual. I don't think that you have anything to worry about. But talk to her about this anyways. I hope this text helped. :hug:

T.W.L

endlessskies58

if you believe in freud's beliefs about dreams being symbolic then this may help.

sex is a common and simple symbol for affection or 'being close to'. dreams are more about emotion than logic. perhaps in real life your counselor is getting very close to you. but you don't like the closeness that the counselor is trying to obtain from you or i guess it would be personal information.

then, the fact that you knew you weren't lesbian might be your conscious mind coming into play and remember social taboos. though i don't think sexual orientation should be such a big taboo... there is nothing wrong with a girl liking another girl

X-51

Such thoughts are actually rather common.

People who fill a role of councillor or confidant are actually prone to becomming objects of intimacy in their patients minds. You may experience a level of openness with your councilor that you may only enjoy with the closest of friends or lovers.

shades

Staff Alumni
You don't have to explain it. I have studied dreams a little but some just can't be explained. Like the one I had several years ago about joining a club of "hermaphrodites" (people with genitalia of both sexes). I tried to figure out what it could have meant but never could make any sense out of it. Then about 2 years ago I had a dream that I went on a date with an in-law who is gay. He's a great guy, but I am straight and I wouldn't do that.

Some just can't be explained and you should only talk to your counselor about it if you feel comfortable with it. If it makes you uncomfortable every time you see her, then I think you should tell her. She'll probably have some great insight for you.

yursomedicated

Chat & Forum Buddy
I'm a straight female. but once in a blue moon I have these dreams too. I'd tell her that your having nightmares. Just that and leave it at that. Dreams can be really weird. But if you wish to tell her, go ahead. It can't hurt anything.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00