How do I find support?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LookinForHope, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LookinForHope

LookinForHope Member

The pressure is so immense. At certain times during the day, it feels like someone is standing on my chest. All I want is relief.

I have people who care about me. I need to develop a better support system though. For all kinds of needs, both physical and emotional.

It's just so hard to approach new people. I feel as though I am so broken that I should not bother them. I feel that I am old to the point that I should have had these issues figured out. But I don't. How do you ask for support when you feel like damaged goods?

I'm anxious now. My breathing is short. My chest feels tight (no, I don't think I'm having a heart attack). My thoughts are racing. I catastrophize. I try deep breathing, but I can't concentrate long, so my thoughts creep back in. Along with it comes the siren's song. The promise of peace. The promise of not having to worry ever again. The promise of an endless and unfeeling sleep.

How do I heal and learn to build a better support system?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun no one will judge you if you reach out for support It doesn't matter how old you are or if you think you should have the skills to cope. Your anxiety is creeping up the holidays will do that increase ones anxiety to point it feels we are losing control. What you do hun is have a list of people you trust that you can call that will help talk your anxiety down. Youcan call samaritans or crisis line they will talk to you too hun. Your doctor also is a great person to call maybe get on anxiety medication just to help you over this hard stretch I know it is hard to reach out hun but it is necessary sometimes to keep us safe. You can always talk to someone here hun ok on chat on forum someone will listen and care.
    You don't worry about what others think ok you deserve support and care and compassion hun so reach out for it hugs

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Are you receiving mental health services of any kind? It's hard to give suggestions, not knowing what country you are in, so I can only base what I'll say on what is available in the U.S. where I am from. If you are enrolled in services, talk to your case manager and ask them about Wraparound. The Wraparound process will definitely help you to build a solid support group for yourself as it is specific to you and focuses solely on you. If that is not available, check into NAMI and find out what support groups are available in your area. There is no peace in death, that is just the evils of death trying to fool you. Death is a vile and horrible thing. Even animals caught in hunter's traps fight to live, going so far as to chew off their own leg to escape the clutches of a snare or metal claw that is locking them in place to await a grim outcome. Be a fighter and seek out the tools you need to survive.

4. LookinForHope

LookinForHope Member

I hear both of you. It's just so hard. I have been fighting for so long. It feels as though the whole thing is pointless. Why do I fight a battle I cannot win?

I try not to think in a defeatist manner. CBT and all. But as the years have crept by, it just seems as though I am in a hole I will never climb out of.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You will climb out hun you hang out here ok and you will see that the support here will help you as well Depression is a cycle hun so if you are low right now then you will be coming up soon hugs

6. LookinForHope

LookinForHope Member

Yeah. My depression cycles. Each time I hit a low, it seems deeper down. I have to figure out how to get more options in my life. First I have to make it through my immediate crisis. I get fatalistic when the time creeps towards the deadline with no resolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.