• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

How do I get thoughts out my head fast!!

I wanna rip my hair out I’m so sick of never not thinking about dying and why do people have to bring death up every day in conversation??? I can’t stand it I hate it so much I don’t want to be able to think anymore

That's awful. I'm sorry that this is going on.

I don't know if there's any instant way to do it, but over time, a meditation practice might help you.
why do people have to bring death up every day in conversation???
Have you already told people that you don't want them to talk about it? If they are kind of mean spirited or immature people, telling them might backfire though

Last edited:
I know you've said in previous posts that you're scared of talking to a doctor about this or seeing a therapist.

If you could overcome that fear, that might really help you get some treatment.

That's awful. I'm sorry that this is going on.

I don't know if there's any instant way to do it, but over time, a meditation practice might help you.

Have you already told people that you don't want them to talk about it? If they are kind of mean spirited or immature people, telling them might backfire though
Ive tried some meditation a while ago but I just never got it like I followed some tutorials and like I didn’t feel anything different I’m not sure maybe I wasn’t doing it right or it’s always just confused me.
I have opened up to a few people but one of them does bring it up a bit and someone I haven’t told brings it up a fair bit too Which does make me wonder maybe they’re trying to talk about and Come to terms with death too but maybe it’s also just bcs conversation about death stick in my mind for a ling Time very vividly that it feels like it’s brought up a lot

I know you've said in previous posts that you're scared of talking to a doctor about this or seeing a therapist.

If you could overcome that fear, that might really help you get some treatment.
Im mainly worried about going to a doctor because I’m scared to actually be told there’s something wrong with me and I don’t want my mum worrying plus if they gave me sleeping pills I’d be frightened to take them cus like what if I never wake up after I take one or if I have an episode I don’t trust myself with that stuff but I guess some kinda therapy type thing could help but idk if I’d get that thru going to the doctors

Ive tried some meditation a while ago but I just never got it like I followed some tutorials and like I didn’t feel anything different I’m not sure maybe I wasn’t doing it right or it’s always just confused me
I think going deeply into a meditation practice can take time.

There are a couple websites that have a bunch of different meditation practices and guided meditations. I think if you stick to it, you'll get some benefit. It doesn't matter if you can't do it perfectly right away, no one can. If you stick to it though, it should help over time.

I'll try to look up the websites for you.

I think going deeply into a meditation practice can take time.

There are a couple websites that have a bunch of different meditation practices and guided meditations. I think if you stick to it, you'll get some benefit. It doesn't matter if you can't do it perfectly right away, no one can. If you stick to it though, it should help over time.

I'll try to look up the websites for you.
Thank you that’s really kind of you :)

I’m scared to actually be told there’s something wrong with me
If you have a medical condition, you've got it whether you've been told you've got it or you haven't. Maybe thinking about it that way might help
I don’t want my mum worrying
I don't think you'd be required to tell your mum what your diagnosis might be. You might be able to ask what the confidentiality policy would be prior to making an appointment.
if they gave me sleeping pills I’d be frightened to take them cus like what if I never wake up after I take one or if I have an episode I don’t trust myself with that stuff
I don't think they'd give you sleeping pills, but I think you would be able to tell the doctor that you refuse to take sleeping pills because they worry you.
I guess some kinda therapy type thing could help but idk if I’d get that thru going to the doctors
I'm not sure what the NHS process is, but you could talk to CAMHS about this.

Thank you that’s really kind of you :)
You're welcome! :)

"Insight Timer" and "Headspace" are two websites that have meditation practices that you can learn. They have a smartphone app that you can download, but you can also just access them as websites.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00