How do I know if I am an idiot, or not?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by InnerStrength, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Should I have an IQ test administered to me by a psych? Or is there a cheaper alternative?
  2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

You could do that, or take an online IQ test. Find a good one though, some of them require membership or to buy something after you take the test to see your results. And beware, a lot of them are dodgy. I can't think of what else you could do though.

Do you think you are an idiot? If you do, why?
  3. Things

Things Well-Known Member

If you're wondering if you're an idiot, you probably aren't. Idiots are too stupid to question their own intelligence. =P
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Are you on meds?? I know I can't concentrate long because of my meds.. I'm sure your not an idiot...Don't be so hard on yourself..
  5. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

I agree with them, you're no idiot, you're coming here for help which makes you a smart person.:smile: Plus what does an IQ test really tell you, there's more than just being book smart.
  6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Why do you think you're an idiot?
  7. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

A psychologist has told me that online tests aren't accurate at all. Some might be a little bit more than others. But a psych can detect things like anxiety/ADD that might effect scores.

Do I think I am an idiot? Sometimes, and why? Well, others have sometimes called me that and I'm not sure if it is in an offhanded way, or they literally mean it, it is hard to tell.
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

An IQ test does not mean someone is intelligent or an "idiot", no way!
  9. alison

alison Well-Known Member

i think everyone's smart in some ways and stupid in others. I always did really well in school, particularly math, but ask me to do some hands-on task or plan something with common sense or partake in any sort of social situation - I'm totally lost!

I think instead of trying to label yourself an 'idiot', maybe accept that you have some strengths and some weaknesses. Try to list out some strengths, or potential strengths, and embrace those!
  10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Oh I'm sure some wanker has called everyone an idiot in their life before for one reason or another, even the more successful people. I'd tend not to take seriously what some people say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.