How do I know if my housemates are sick of me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I moved into a house share in February, I think I told them I would only be here temporarily and only signed a month to month lease, yet it is September and I have no intentions of moving out

It is basically a couple who is about my age and me, there was this older guy who also lived here but he moved out

Do you think they are sick of me, I am basically a hermit, stay in my room 95% of the time, I only leave to use the kitchen, bathroom or maybe if I need food I go to the store

They haven't said they are sick of me, but I cant imagine them liking a pathetic guy like me around, I hear them having sex every week or so and it is so awkward for me and probably them, I imagine they know I hear because the walls are thin and they are pretty loud, especially the girl sometimes

I don't know what my plan is, I wont find a better deal then what I am paying now and I kind of like this place because it is quiet and they are vegans like me, but at the same time I imagine I am such a loser to them and they hate having me here because they probably wonder when I am ever gonna move out and they wonder what the hell I do in my room 24 hours a day

I always pay my rent on time and I don't really say much to the people but I just get the feeling they don't really like having me around

I wish there was a way to know for sure, but then again my instincts tell me they want me out they just wont tell me and I have no other place to go
  2. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

hey I'm sure if you are as quiet and keep to yourself like you say you do, they probably hardly even notice you. You pay your rent on time and keep to yourself.... where tenants are concerned... you're like the best there is.

Trust me there are plenty of terrible people that could have moved in instead of you.. I'm sure they realize just how lucky there are.

If you're not ready to move out then quit worrying about it. Take as long as you need, and dont let your insecurities push you out of there faster then you're ready.

If there is any awkward moments its probably more likely a result of them wondering if they are bothering you.... or them wondering if you dont like them or something. Seems like you and them all have it made. Enjoy it!

good luck
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If they were upset with you be assured they would tell you. I think they are grateful they have someone who is quiet and pays rent and is respectful. Don't be so self conscious enjoy your space and if you think you are to quiet maybe try to talk a little more and explain to them you have always been quiet but don't worry you are probably the best tenant anyone could have.
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I had a similar situation as well. My first year of college, I stayed in an on-campus apartment and was a hermit there, I'm a hermit here at home as well, just being on the computer, only going out to class, back home, etc. My roommate was very social and always had friends over and I just kept in my room and I felt very awkward, ashamed and depressed. I also paid my rent and utilities on time, to him, I was probably a ghost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.