How do I learn to cope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Leecy, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leecy

Leecy Member

Its been 6 months now since I left the flat I shared with my husband and I still cry myself to sleep, its not the night that upsets me, its just that its the first time when I am alone and I can release all the sadness I have had all day as I have fought back tears, seeing, hearing and doing things that remind of him, what has happened to my life, what was taken from me. But he was such a bastard to me - right through our relationship.

Im not lonely, Im just still so hurt, and so angry that the girl he cheated on with me at the end has just run off into the sunset with him. How can she love someone who would do what he did to me - he has told me that she doesnt think he is that kind of person! That doesnt make sense, if he confesses to murder is that ok because she doesnt think he is that kind of person!

And I also hate the fact that I think deep down he is sorry for what he did to me, and even wishes it hadnt happened - it was only a few weeks ago he said we were soulmates - Ive helped him to learn from this mistake and he will now probably make all of her dreams come true after her actions destroyed all my dreams - why does she deserve that - she was as bad as him - she knew he was married!

He has told me that, she doesnt feel compassion for me because she doesnt know me! What does she need to know!

And now Im living out of boxes in my parents cramped house - Ive started looking for a place of my own but that just upsets me because everytime I look at a place I just naturally think of him and me and what our lives would be like living there

How do I forget him and move on? I cant live my life being constantly upset! I dont want to live like this
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi Leecy, your pain is evident in your post and my heart goes out to you. I had something similiar happen and it is just devastating. Please feel free to PM me...I care about you.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Leecy,

The best advice I could give you is to try counselling, it can help you cope and get through this. You are not alone :handinhand:

PM me if you need someone to talk to xx
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The loss of a relationship is really no different than a death. You need time to grieve the loss of life as you knew it. It is a process you will move through in your own time. Maybe you might wish to search for some type of support group to help you. I am glad you are able to release some of your emotions through tears. They can also be cleansing. Feel free to continue to post here. You may PM me anytime if you wish. I will listen and help as I can. Take care Leecy. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.