How do I make people get it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by irrelevant, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irrelevant

irrelevant Member

I seriously want to take some form of action now.

I really really want to hurt myself, but I don't want long term repercussions. I don't know how to make the people around me get this. My mum keeps saying things like.. but you were alright last year weren't you? No mother I really fucking WASN'T ALRIGHT. I just hid it then and now for once in my entirely sorry little life I'm trying to tell the truth and you just won't listen. I'm sick of people filling my silences with irrelevant suggestions. Stop telling me how I feel.

"we will support you whatever you do"

What's support? I've never felt so isolated in my entire life. Every word people say to me about it just pushed me further and further away - they ask such generaly questions like they think I can actually answer them and then they think the lack of reply means I don't really know. How about it's INEXPRESSIBLE. How about NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE SAID IN WORDS.

I don't know what to do now. My parents only seem to care about the money aspect.. they clearly don't want me to take a leave of absence from uni (which is what my plan was to try and recover) no one FUCKING GETS THIS.

I've hidden it for everyone previously to save their precious little hearts, and their so adamant on saving them they are ignoring my aching cries for help. It's so easy to shut people out when people knock so meekly.

SO what do I do? I'm looking for the safest suicidal gesture out there. I want to recover and get better, I want to die right now but I don't completely. < mod edit - methods >

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry, but specific suicide methods are not allowed here. Please understand that your parents only want what's best for you. If you really need to take time out from university, then explain to them that you have to take time out for your health. We're here to help. Please hang in there.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can't speak to the concoction, but you don't have to attempt to get support.

if you are ready for help, skip yr. parents and go straight to your doctor or health center. if they are any good you may be surprised at the response you get.... i could barely get the words out but i did tell my family doc that all i thought about 24/7 was killing myself. he took it from there...

c

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.