How do i make them understand?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Brooklala, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooklala

Brooklala Member

Hey i am new. I was wondering how to make my counselor understand that even if i am in a good mood i still think about suicide a lot. That I am worried that the means will meet up with the urge and it is hard to reach out and tell anyone when i am in this state? I said it exactly like that but he and the other people like the doc don't get it. I wanted to say i felt that way today but didn't. I was afraid of going back to the hospital but i am also afraid that the weekend will be to long... I deal with students myself in my job at my college and would tell them what i am being told but it is different. Feeling it is the only way to understand it and they try but i get so d*** frustrated sometimes. Don't mean to whine just want to know how to talk with him. I am kind of new at being open with the counselor and it is bringing up a lot of stuff which makes it worse.

2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

nothing else you can do but say that to be honest. if they know you have 'suicidal feelings' then they should have already taken that into account. but there is nothing else that you can do then to explain that you have them and that what looks like a good mood is never normally a good mood.

everyone reacts different with a counsellor. some can open up straight away and some take their time to open up so whatever way is right for you is the best way. ive been in therapy for an awful long time now and still havent got to a lot of the more painful parts because of not being ready to.

hope some of that helps :hug:

oh and welcome to the forum x

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum!! Unfortunately you need to be open and truthfull with your therapist..That is the only way they can put together a treatment plan for you.. The longer you see her/him the more comfortable you will become..hell I have been with mine for three years and she still has to tell me to breath because my anxiety gets so high I hold my breath when talking to her..Give it time, nothing happens overnight...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.