How do I start....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by gp22, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gp22

gp22 Member

Tired of this battle and all of the crap that goes w/ it. Things have been brewing for a quite awhile and came to a head in sept. I knew I was in trouble and couldn't stand it any longer so I handed a yellow-ribbon card to my dr. Scared the crap out of her. And everyone around me.

don't have time for this tonite. maybe tomorrow. SIB is rearing it's ugly head again. Nobody understands (except for all here) that the pain inside is so huge and heavy, and the only way to "explain" it is to to make it show on the outside. If I was a cutter, I'd cut. I'm a head banger and hitter instead. Broken bones and concussions are my method of choice much to the chagrin of my dr., various counselors, therapists and my girlfriend. Those who have never been here do not get it. Been fighting the urge for a few days now. Who decides when it's time to give up?
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what a yellow-ribbon card is but it sounds like something worrying?
    I get your pain. Who decides when it's time to give up is probably a question we're constantly all asking ourselves, but always trying to stay strong and trying not to.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

before you hurt yourself try to picture the pain of your girlfriend when she find out. I know your in pain but yelling and screaming at top of your lungs is better then harming yourself. Going to your doctor and telling them you need to get stabilized you need help volunteer to go into hospital for awhile until the pain lessens. You know when you are reaching that point as do we all and you need to sign yourself in for help and get stable.
  4. gp22

gp22 Member

a yellow ribbon cardis this: YELLOW RIBBON SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM. the card is to ask for help. it has crisis phone #s on it. haven't been there but here is the web site- it's a "HELP ME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE TO HELP". the one I keep in my pocket is almost worn out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.