How do I stop hating everything?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by skyisburning, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

Everyone around me tells me that I hate everything. They said I constantly am pessimistic and negative, and the kicker is...I don't realize I'm doing it!

It's really depressing, and I hate that I'm like this. I guess I'm just so sad right now that I had to ask. My brother was telling me earlier tonight that I'm too negative, and it just makes me profoundly sad to hear that.

Any suggestions? :(
  2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm the exact same way, sometimes. I tend to swing between extreme optimism and crippling negativity.

I wish I knew how to help...
  3. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Maybe observe yourself and see what they see about you thats negative and try changing?
    It bugs me too when people say i'm always negative but I always thought myself as looking at things in a realistic way. I try changing my views on things if they're worth changing but apart from that i'm fine in being "negative".
  4. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I think I'm just realistic too. My friend Sarah told me that's what it is, but people are so scared of reality that they think it's negative. Ah well...I find myself less disappointed in things when I don't get my hopes up to begin with.
  5. Joh0525

Joh0525 New Member

I think you should ask yourself: do you hate anything or everything? Do you find yourself dwelling on thoughts such as "I hate this, I hate that", etc? I find that I do that when I am under a lot of stress.

This of course doesn't mean that it will go away, but at least you will become more aware of the comments you are making, and the reactions that other people have to them. I hope this helps.
  6. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Try focusing on the good things, if theres something you do like even in the slightest talk to yourself saying "oh thats cool, i like that..." to re-emphasize the point that you like it. But dont do the same with things you dont like. Just think about something else then.

Good luck
  7. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

You've got to get into a better state of mind.

Eat healthy, exercise, find the things you like and do them. Discovery what you need in life and get it. If you do these things naturally you will fall into a positive state of mind and people will stop making these comments :)
  8. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

True that pointing out reality is often seen as being negative, but you must just forgive those poor people, they are unable to see how terrible reality really is, and us enlightened few are often made to feel that we have a responsibility to sugar coat everything to make people feel better.

The sad fact is, you're born, then eventually you will die. Now that is pretty negative, but hey, it's true right?

I guess you just have to fill in the spaces with as much fun/happiness/joy etc as you can. Thats what people do, they don't realise it, probably in the same way you don't realise you're being negative.

It takes a lot of effort, to overcome a hatred for everything, I dunno how to do it, so this makes me completely useless to you, but I am the same way, and it upsets me when people point it out too, it makes me feel like some people are happy, some people are sad, and I was born as a miserable hating person, deal with it. But it shouldn't be that way.

The best advice I can give is that if you are full of hate, try not to push people away, because at the end of the day people can make you feel better, sometimes I have to like supress hatred feelings when I'm around others because I know they won't want to be around me, which is really crap. but meh. perhaps im just being too negative.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.