How do I stop myself?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lifeisgood, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

The first time I cut was in November. I wasn't thinking straight and now I have scars on my forearm, which are getting harder and harder to hide what with the summery weather...
    Since then I've done it several times but it's hidden better...
    Last time was 19th March. And I'm really struggling to keep myself from doing it again :/
    I have a friend of mine who has self harmed but I can't talk to her about it any more because she decided to start ignoring me for some reason...

Help? :(
  2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

It is so easy to get into the habit of harming yourself and it is so hard to stop. My best advice is to try distraction and finding some way to let your emotions out without hurting yourself. I wish you all the best.
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

4. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

Ask your self: Why do I cut? In which situations?
    for first you can try to avoid these moments. But I won't work for the rest of your live yo you have to find out, what would be a "healthy" reaction.

I take myself as an example to explain the method:
    I haven't cut for month now but I always did, when I was mad at my parents because of whatever or if I was disappointed about my bf and couldn't tell him.
    Both are situations where I wanted to say-to scream- something but I wasn't able to let it out.
    So what I had to learn was to express feelings differently. Music a a help for me. I listen to Dir en Grey, my favorite band, whenever I feel like I still want to...and of course I had to learn to talk about feelings -.-' that was hard xD
    But it was worth it (^-^)b
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.