How do I stop this from happening?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

People tend to take their anger out on me instead of discussing their feelings with the right person. I stand up for myself because I won't sit back and take it anymore. But it seems like people don't take me seriously when I put my foot down, or they become more angry. How do I get them to stop using me as a target and showing them that I won't deal with their crap?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hmmm. this is a tough one. Maybe you are being too nice sometimes? Show them you are serious by voting with your feet. Don't hang around with people who think they can walkall over you, you're not a push-over. Tell them others might put up with being treated like that but you will not. I'm not really sure what else to say but I hope that helps.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

It is helpful. I'll keep that in mind for next time, thanks :)

Petal likes this.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with Petal. I get pushed around or get ridiculed everyday because I am an easy target. Having met a lot of people who get me and I show I am not a pushove. If retort back its causes more uneccessary conflict and I suffer more low esteem issues. I have decided to take the attitude of admitting its my fault when it's not.

This causes me low self-esteem issues anyway but it's better to say sorry. The others walk away thinking they won a social conflict and it increases their ego. I know that I am a better person as life is about showing compassion and caring. This eye for eye attitude is totally wrong in today's society. Life is about living and helping others.

Witty be yourself and remember you are better than others who cause you unnecessary torment. Just follow my principal of saying sorry and walk away even it may not be your fault. You realise that you the better person.

Witty_Sarcasm and Petal like this.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Thank you. I will just walk away from conflict from now on because I don't want to put up with it.

Unknown_111 likes this.
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You will learn you are the better person even though others might think different. Let the others think what they think as they have inflated or even infatuated egos. Egos should be renamed as eggs as when you walk away you have thrown an imaginary egg in their face. I hope this new principal makes you laugh inside and not vocally.

Thanks for replying. Take care and just be you.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  7. MinnBiker

MinnBiker Active Member

Walking away is hard when the bully is your boss ... And she FOLLOWS you.