How do I tell my dad..?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ScarlettBlood, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScarlettBlood

ScarlettBlood Well-Known Member

My depression is driving me insane. I've gotten worse and worse over time. Every day; in the morning, then somewhere in the afternoon, then at night. It hits me. I do things I regret. A couple months ago it got so bad I wrote my suicide note and planned everything.. It's struck me yet again, as I write this, and I need to know how to tell my father about my problem. I talked to a very good friend of mine that suffers from depression as well, and he tells me that telling my father would be the best thing I can do. I want to tell him I need some sort of help. (Let's call my friend Drake.) Drake told me that I needed to sit down and have a long talk with my dad, and tell him that I needed a professional's help. I really wish it were that simple but.. I don't know how to tell my dad about all of this. He knows nothing about how I've been depressed, or about my suicidal thoughts, or anything, really. Any experiences you guys may have had, any information in a link, anything at all that may or may not help me.. Just post it. I'll take any help I can get my uncertain little hands on.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think that you know your father best, so how much to say and what to say will be determined by that...please do not protect him...talking to him to get yourself help is a very good idea...please PM me if you would like help to construct the dialogue between you and him

3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

If you're having problems getting the words out, you can write him a letter and give it to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.