How Do I Tell My Mom

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emozillapwnsyourface, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

I Know For A Fact That I Have Some Sort Of Type Of Depression. It Affects Everything. From My Sleeping, To What I Do. Its Only Gotten Worse As Time Went On.
    If I Told My Mom I Thought I Was Depressed, She Would Be Heart Broken And She Would Blame It On Her Self.

Ive Been To The Doctor About My Sleeping Issue and He Told Me To Take Walks Every Day And Take Vitamins. And Of Course The Sleeping Issue Never Worked. He Did Explain Something To Do With The Chemicals That Cause Depression. But We Never Went Back To The Doctor About It.

Im Afraid My Mom Will Think Shes Doing Something Wrong. She Is A Good Mother, I Just Cant Help How I Feel.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well your health is number 1. Explain exactly that to your mom, what you said in the last paragraph. I'm sure she cares about you, and she'll understand if you explain. If it's affecting you as much as you say, it's something that shouldn't be ignored.

Anyway, best of luck :heart:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey your mom will understand and will want to help you I am a mom and i help my daughter with her depression. Medication can help talk to your mom okay set up another appt with your doctor get help now okay Explain to your mom that depression is not always caused by others it can be an imbalance in the chemicals in your brain thats all. Medication can fix that. Trust your mom to do the right thing give her a chance to be a mom to help.
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

From what you've said about your mum it seems like she cares about you quite a bit, because of this I'm sure she'd rather you went and got help for your problems rather than hiding it away from her and the doctors because you're worried how she'll react. By doing that, you really are in a way, making it partly her fault because you've allowed prevented getting better due to how you believe she'd react, or at least that's how she'd see it. You just need to reassure her that it isn't her fault and that you're going to get help so it doesn't always have to be a problem for you. Leaving it be won't make you or your mum feel any better. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.