how do i tell my parents i need to be under suicide watch?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by babykevorkian, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babykevorkian

babykevorkian New Member

i tried to end my life just under a month ago, a lovely cup of charcoal fixed me right up and when i was discharged my notes said i wasn't even bad enough to warrant counselling. this was not my first attempt. i suffer from (all diagnosed) depression, ptsd and trichotillomania) and well has having been sick for six years from thoracic outlet syndrome (i only managed to get a diagnosis and surgery last november). i've been taken out of school, though i have to complete it at home. I have been suicidal and acting impulsively on it for years now. i'm good at lying, apparently too good for my parents. it seems they can tell when i lie about eating the last cookie but not tell when i'm lying about being okay. i only have a few online friends and pen pals, real life friends have lost interest since i became too sick (from the thoracic outlet) to go to school last year. i need to be put under constant watch, my brain wont stop churning out awful ideas, i haven't slept in almost 48 hours and i just want it to be over. please help.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just sit down and talk to them quietly let them know that you are very depressed that you are having thought of leaving the world ok
    Ask them to get you some help a psychiatrist or a therapist that will talk to you and help you change those suicidal thoughts
    If you are not truthful with them or your doctor you will not get the help you need ok If you cannot talk to them leave a note on table saying how sad you are so they can talk to you about how you are feeling

3. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

Hi Hun,
    I hope this fins you doing well. Do you have a goo relationship with your parents to where you can sit down with them and tell them how you are feeling and that you need help? Do you have a therapist that you can talk to hun and tell them how you are feeling that could get you the help you need? I hope that you can get the help that you need and desire hun. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending you big hugs.

4. vader74

vader74 Member

?? I'm a grown adult... how do I tell my dad that I cant take mo more?? Would he help or make it worse??

5. RedBonnet

RedBonnet New Member

Hi - A big and long hug from me to you... I joined this online forum because my daughter just lost a very dear friend of hers to suicide. She cried and cried. I feel very bad, too. I keep wishing that I could turn the clock back, so things could have been done differently to save this very precious dear friend of hers. Her parents are grieving and in disbelief. All of his other friends are also sad and in disbelief. So, please tell your parents about your depression and the suicidal thoughts. If you find it difficult to tell them in person, start with writing a note about your problems and give it to them to start your "serious" talk. You may also want to tell other adults or good friends, that you feel comfortable with, about your depression & the awful thoughts. Try to remember that "your depression" is making you have all of these awful thoughts. Your parents do love you and do not want to lose you. I am your friend and do care about how you feel. There is really help out there. Please get help. I hope you feel better soon. Love :)

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you cannot talk to your parents talk to your doctor first ok who will help you talk to your parents or talk to a teacher or councilor at your school who then will get you support needed

7. RedBonnet

RedBonnet New Member

Sorry, I made a typo :-( It should have been "His" parents are grieving and in disbelief.

I hope you are feeling better soon...

8. Sophaloph

Sophaloph Member

I think u should be honest with them- which is advice I am giving myself as well as I always keep this 'I'm ok I'm managing' thing on when really I'm not at all xx

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Honesty is the best policy and step to getting the help you need. Saying it might be hard but takes courage to opening up to your parents. Can always call a crisis hotline and ask for more advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.