How Do People Deal With This?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by G.O, Aug 25, 2016.

1. G.O

G.O New Member

I'm just so sick and tired of everything. Fake people. Attention seeking family members. Being jobless. Dealing with rude interviewers, insufferable friends and relatives. Being sexually harassed by my former boss.

I am 33 right now -- when I think about another week to go .. a month, a year or even 3 years from now, I get a very nauseated feeling -- it just makes me very tempted to just end it all. It's a struggle everyday. It pains me to the point of tears. Emotionally, that is.

The only thing stopping me from doing something stupid is the fear of pain (yes I know, I am so pathetic), and the thought of my father being alone.

So yeah, I just wonder how do people deal with this (feelings and thoughts of suicide) everyday.
  2. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary Well-Known Member

I don't know..I just do.
  3. moxman

moxman Rosie a silly girl, pretending to be serious Forum Pro

Hello G.O, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

My goodness you are going through a lot. of different situations that are very difficult. I am sure you are very stressed out, I think anyone would be in your shoes. What do you think it would take to make your life better, and worth living for? The way I read your story that being jobless is a huge stressor for you. It would be for anyone. How long have you been looking for a job?

If you are suicidal. It is probably a good idea to see a counselor, and let them help you with how you feel. Maybe they can help you feel better? Do you know why you are suicidal? Would you like for me to explain it to you?

It sounds like you are very close to your father. I think that is a very good thing for you. My daughter,14, is one of the main reasons I am still here; I could never hurt her like that.

I get the distinct impression that you feel very lonely and isolated; like no one understands you and what you are going through. I used to feel the same way, until I stumbled across this forum. Just know that you are not alone anymore. We are here to help you. We understand where you are coming from. I myself still have suicidal thoughts everyday and I am on 14 different medications. You are not alone anymore; you have us. Let us help you. Maybe if you shared some more of your story ; we could help you more. What do you have to lose? Besides who cares what we think; we are just a bunch of nimrods behind computer monitors on a Friday night.

Take Care of Yourself; Please feel free to PM/IM me anytime if you want to chat in private for whatever reason. You are safe with me.
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

To deal with suicidal thoughts I try to distract. Books, movies, games, anything to take your mind off of them.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You're not pathetic at all. I'm glad you posted for support, to deal with distressing thoughts I would have therapy atthe top of the list andmedication then distractions, like going somewhere with a friend, getting on a bus and go to the beach, reading out in the sun etc.. keep distracting yourself because the thoughts will pass. I hope you can get through this okay.
  6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

At the worst of my depression, I was 35 years old. I tried and (now I can say thankfully) failed twice at suicide. When I woke up disoriented and a mess, I made the decision that I am choosing life over death and the only thing that kept me going for the next 7 years was that my dogs needed me. THEY were the only reason I lived. Thoughts of suicide don't always go away but if you father is your reason for not giving up, that's great. We all need a reason when we're at that point. I gave up family and friends, they were more harm than good.

At this point in my life, I live on disability from a work burnout. I'm so thankful for that because I would not be able to cope in "normal" society anymore.

All I can say is I hope that you find a way to rebuild the life you want. I gave up a lot of things to live in the mountains and in nature so that I can be away from people, but my simple life is so worth it for my emotional well being. It takes time. Maybe you can take some time to think of your ideal life, then try to slowly find a way to get there?
    Petal likes this.
  7. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I honestly can relate. Family keeps me back but also my personal ambitions to do better and experience more GOOD things before it's my time to exit this life..I know the pain can seem inconsolable, been there more times than many could imagine..and I'm talking MAJOR depressive episodes..which I know speculate I have that disorder..Never seems to completely go away.

Do NOT tolerate sexual harassment, btw. Report their predator ways. They brought it upon themselves..

There are good people out there, and jobs. Maybe reconsider your geography and if you can relocate. If that's not a (quick) option, then I suggest using a job recruiter or temp agency to help you find a job, and research resumes and practice answers to interview questions even.

I don't know why living has become such a hard pill to swallow. I literally lost my ability to experience life, and am unable to go out anywhere or have friends to do things with. I isolate myself often which makes it worse, but found that distractions such as this forum, reading, youtube videos, exercising/walks, and finding other ways to keep busy is my remedy. I try to fake it to make it...
    Frances M likes this.
  8. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I often say that I fake it to make it too, it becomes a habit and then it doesn't seem to fake anymore. I too think that living has become a hard pill to swallow so I changed the way I lived. It takes a while, took me a few decades to get where I am, which I guess could be a depressing thought to someone trying to figure out what to do. But I really made my life into a pill I could easily swallow now - completely away from society. When I started painting, it helped me tremendously. If you choose to live an isolated life, there is nothing wrong with that if it works for you right? For some people it won't work because it makes them feel worse. For me it's the only thing that makes me feel better.
  9. heydad75

heydad75 Member

So sorry you are going through this. First of all every person has value and you are a valuable person. I just recently went through coaching one of my sons friends dad that attempted suicide. His main reason was that he started isolating himself and started feeling he was all on his own eventhough he has a family of 4 boys and a loving wife. Our mind can definitely play tricks on us. I am not saying that isolating always causes this but there is a balance of having relationships and having some personal time as well. Keep talking to us.

Petal likes this.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Very nice post @heydad75 I agree that everyone is valuable :)