how do people kill themselves

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by wastedmylife, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I just dont understand
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

People sometimes find things so overwhelming and so unbearable that they find suicide is their only way to find peace in their life. Not saying it's right but they don't see things clearly. They see the pain ending not that the resolution only brings more pain for others.
  3. wastedmylife

well I am jealous of them I guess
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Killing yourself is never the answer no matter how bad things may appear.
  5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I have not attempted to commit suicide so far. There have been some times where I have been so depressed, I could not stop crying and only think of suicide, that I HAVE to do it, to end the pain, things will never get better, and I don't care about the consequences. But it looks like I haven't been depressed just enough to been pushed over the edge.

But otherwise, I think about how my parents and little brother would feel, I do think of the consequences, they would be so upset. But when I get a few times so depressed, I think that they will be better off without me, or their grief will be very short-lived, when otherwise, I think they will be scarred for life.

Depression does this to you, its like drugs and alcohol, it affects your mind, your way of thinking. It is strange and frightening.

When severely depressed, you will think some things you otherwise never would when not in that state.
  6. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

I'd like to know why you joined this board...
  7. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

its quite a random question but i understand y you asked. im jealous of the people but at the same time i think of what the family must be going through. one of my friends dad killed themself last week, but even though i no how much she is suffering, i still think of suicide, but i dont no if i can go through with it, as it has destroyed her family, and i think it might destroy my family and friends, especially my bestest friend, and the friend that just dealing with her dads death.
  8. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

When the weight is too heavy to bear, they think it will release them from their burdens. But the weight only gets heavier when you are gone, alone, and terrified. Death is ultimately a sacrifice, but if you sacrifice your life for love than you can overcome death at least temporarily while you are here in this dimension. The weight of dying prematurely is like reliving your pain, and so it is better to work through it than to let things bother you enough to die.

That may be triggering or deep, but I see suicide as a when I woke up from my attempt I felt this weight again...and it took so much faith to overcome it, although darkness never wins. Not here, not in my world which is your world if you so choose. Death does not win in Her world.
  9. dumdumgurl

dumdumgurl Well-Known Member

davehowdo you KNOW killing yourself isnever the answer. have you for one day lived my life or others. yes sometimes the pain is SO BAD going to heaven by your own hands isn't a crime anymore. quit playing righteous god all the time. we all have a right to our feelings and don't need martyrs like you telling us we are wrong you are NOT god, god will take care of each and every one of us. live my life for 24 hrs and you'd stop your high and mighty atttitude with each and every post you make calling us sinnersfor being in so much pain we are the living dead our bodies just haven't disinegrated into death yet. you make me feel worse with each post you make claiming to know it all. you want to help then help and stop condeming people's feelings and their life hardships. stop hurting us that are in so much pain...
  10. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I believe in most cases it is when a person simply experiences far more pain than pleasure for a very long period and believes this situation will only continue, even worsen.
  11. wastedmylife

hmm sounds like me,, where in Long Island are you from
  12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Glen Cove, my hometown. I'm back with my Father for now and if I get the stability and the will to live again I'll probably end up mid- island- Farmingdale, Bethpage?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.