how do u combat loneliness?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by thesadgirl, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesadgirl

thesadgirl New Member

how do u combat loneliness? :IrishDoll:
  2. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I spend as much time as i can at my mums and the internet.

The weird thing is, is i hardly talk to my mum when i'm there, i think it's just being near another person who cares about me.
  3. oceanheart

oceanheart New Member

It seems easier said then done...but i try to remember that we first have ourselves before the company of others.
  4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

... I have a lot of pets. (but not to the point of hoarding)
  5. gamergirl

gamergirl Well-Known Member

i go on craigslist and post an ad looking for friends. then i text the random people that respond :)
  6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Play games, read or watch stuff.
  7. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

Literally,I have a punching bag in the garage that has seen alot of use, sometimes I dont wear gloves which makes a mess of my hands, but its not as if anyone is ever going to hold them so why bother? Nothing combats weakness like strength, and a strong punch is a good thing
  8. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

The trick if you can pull it off is keeping occupied,I try to read tho that is difficult when your fretting,I watch a lot of tv with nature documentaries being my favourite. I think I'm pretty much used to it which helps coz it's not gonna be changing any time soon.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I spend a lot of time on SF :biggrin: it helps me feel a lot better and not so alone.
  10. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I plan trips-- this can make me forget about almost everything else.

I also think about what it would be like to be in outer space, or to live in a post-apocalyptic world, or the ancient past or something… or like sometimes I just think about what I would need to survive in the wild after society collapses in 2015.

Oh, and I read a lot of wikipedia articles and also get into dumb arguments on various online forums.
  11. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

If I'm lonely, I try to figure what I'm lonely for - what's missing that I want.

To help combat loneliness, I chat with a friend on the phone, come online here and see what's happening, read a novel, draw, listen to music, go out to do things where I have to interact (even minimally) with other people. (TBH, when I learned to enjoy my own company - alone - a lot of the loneliness disappeared. Not all of it, but a lot of it. I still have my moments.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.