How do u deal with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_visiting

Ok i was wondering how other people who have been abused in anyway deal with it. I know in some of the replies to posts on here people suggest therapy, does that really work? I dont think i will ever be able to talk to anyone about what happened when i was little. Is there another way to deal with it? Maybe it will just go away one day?

I dont think i can live every day like this, its constantly there in my head but i dont no how to deal with it either.
L1

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Ok, I didnt talk about abuse suffered as a kid, infact I blocked it completely; the result was a memory like swiss cheese and a complete breakdown.
I had therapy and it took me over 2 years to actually talk about the abuse tho my therapist knew from the first week (I think). :biggrin:

Anyway, it was such a relief. I felt able to put it where it belonged..IN THE PAST
I would definetly advocate getting some help with any abuse suffered.

well, honestly I didnt think therapy helped that much, depending on the type of abuse. i would find someone that you truly trust, that is a good friend to u and then try talking to them about it. it helps. and if you ever need anything email me

[email protected]

Montage

therapy helps, if you get the right person.. and for some people it takes years and years... medication helped me as well...
Im sorry you are going through this... its so hard and i know sometimes i feel so misunderstood...
it certainly doesnt just go away, unfortunately.. if you can find the courage to see someone to talk about it to, thats trained in helping people with these types of problems. I promise you will be thanking yourself. maybe not at first, because it is very painful and hard to deal with, but when the treatment starts working, you will feel so proud and so much better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00