How do u stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Iv done my time, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just dont understand how you stop, Iv just done ita once again and its worse then ever :( for years iv been fighting it and nothings changed and im still searching for that answer : How Do You Stop
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Tasha. :(
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

If what I am saying is complete crap, I apologise in advance. I guess when you stop, you have to stop for you. You can't say that you're stopping for so-and-so, it doesn't work and all that happens is that you might stop for a while but you'll fall back into it. Before you even consider stopping, it helps a lot to know WHY you do it, and you need to replace self injury with something else that's more constructive before you try to take self injury away. After all, it's a habit and an addiction, and it's much easier to stop if you have something that isn't self-destructive to replace it with.

4. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I haven't for about a month and I want to so much right now... stopping is hard.
  5. I knw how you feel
  6. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

Stopping is hard. I managed it for 10 months this time and then relapsed last night.

My method was distracting myself when I got the urge. I put together my kit.. which has the tools id need to cut inside.. and my goal was to never open the box.. and it worked.. if i got really bad i would open it and rearrange the box, or count what was in it.. then by time i was done id be calm again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.