how do you break out???

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lost without hope, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost without hope

lost without hope New Member

I've been suicidle for the last 3 days

2. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I am sorry lost yet hang in there and try to think and do other things to take your mind off of this. I have been where you are and still go into that funk yet I continue to try and pull myself out of.
    I have been doing yard work to take my mind off of things and I am taking Prozac for the depression which I believe has helped.
    There are good people on this site who will give you words of comfort.

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum @lost without hope
    What about trying to distract from those thoughts?

4. lost without hope

lost without hope New Member

i'm on lexipro and have clonipin for panic attacks. I used to go to the gym and swim - that gave me endorfins to make it through the night and now none of it is working. I just wan to end it. I'ying to stop these feelings. right now I am trying how to make it look like an accident.

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

What about going back to your doctor? Do you see a counsellor? What about talking with family/friends?

6. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Dear lost, not all medications work. I have been on several over the years and Prozac seems to be the best I have been on. I would suggest you try and go for walks or if you can afford it go to museums etc. I have tried some of these which help in the short term. I know long term is a more difficult situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.