How do you break the news?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by alloutoftears, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alloutoftears

alloutoftears Account Closed

Hi All,

first post, firstly i want to make it clear to anyone who reads this that i am not attempting to offend anyone, so please leave any angry, snide or unhelpful replies aside.

A bit about myself, im a 35yr old male unmarried no children unemployed, no financial commitments.

In average health, the only complaints i could have are that i lost an eye at 17 and im about 50 lbs overweight.

Ok my question is as follows, after trying and failing repeatedly to fit in to society i have elected to be mature and accelerate the natural process of death.

The reason is simple, i do not belong, i do not think like others and i have tried everything i can think of to integrate to no avail.
    Every job i have worked in has left me empty and every relationship i have had has ripped my guts out. I am just not tough enough for this life.

I have felt this way since i was 7 yrs old (thats as long as i can remember)
    So i think i have tried for long enough.

There are a couple of people whom i wish to tell that i wont be sticking around any longer. I just want to minimise the impact on them.

I know the obvious answer is just stick it out, it'll get better, try a different attitude, get help etc....but i've done all that..it doesn't work.

So instead of just doing the act and leaving people in the dark, i want to tell them that i want to be gone.

<Mod Edit:IrishDoll,Methods>

So readers, how can i break the news?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  2. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

hey im very new here and not in a very good place myself so i dont think i should comment but i do want to say that the people on here are lovely and i would urge you to stick around for a while and have a chat....im here 24 hours on.im not trying to tell u what to do as you make your own decisions but i felt like u yesterday and although far from better its been good to talk.

hugz for you

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

can I just ask if you've had therapy, meds, any phsych help at all?

4. alloutoftears

Hi tried it all. Xanax, prozac, diazepam, st johns wort, niacin, fish oils...etc, they just made me feel ill and i know theres nothing chemically wrong with me.

Counselling was good for learning how to breathe but little else, paying someone serious money to listen to how pathetic i am only made me feel worse (and quickly ate up my savings).

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

how about CBT?..

6. finster

finster Member

Hi - I could've wrote your post word for word myself, except I'm even older than you (not that you're old, lol) and I've been trying to make it better for a long time also.

I'm sorry I don't have any good encouragement for you other than to say I understand EXACTLY how you feel.

7. mike308

mike308 Well-Known Member

You have a couple of people you care for.
    thus,your concern about how they will feel if you commit suicide.
    I would strongly urge you not to do it. Your action will hurt allot more people then you know.
    As far as consoling goes.. I know how you feel.. Most of them are just money suckers.
    Being a suicidal drunk for many years, I am still suicidal, not so drunk anymore.
    Without the alcohol as a crutch. My life seems more empty then ever, SO I KNOW HOW YOUR SITUATION CAN SEEM HOPELESS.
    Life is SO HARD, DEATH SEEMS to be the way out.
    Be good to yourself and don't do anything harmful.
    Wish I had an answer for you.. a magic pill... or "BREATHING" LOL.
    But there isn't one. Just hang on by your finger nails and try to stay alive.

8. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Its a long road...hopefully il see you on it....hugs"

9. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Just seeing how your are doing and wanted to let you know I sent you a PM so please check it out.

We are here for you....B

10. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Hmm well I have been told there is no way to tell people. No one will really accept it. It might just make things harder on the both of you. I know when I told my mom that I was planning to kill myself, she only freaked out. I only really told her to make her feel bad... that is a different story.

This is exactly why I do not want to try any of this stuff, therapy, drugs, what have you. It feels like it would be futile... and a waste of money.

11. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't think that anyone would want to hear it- even if you wanted to tell people. It's generally seen as a negative thing- all someone might do in return is list off things they think are positive about you and reasons to live.

I told my mom and my brother- as well as quite a few friends that I no longer want to live; but all they can really do is try to convince a person that they should continue living for whatever pointless reason...

I think that there are some people who are just not happy with their lives no matter what.
    If someone's destiny could be to die-- they would die when they're supposed to. There's really no sense in rushing it along, because we should be living for some reason- shouldn't we?

You can make it clear to your family and any friends that you are unhappy and unwilling to change- but I wouldn't tell anyone flat out that you want to die. It's just pointless to tell anyone bluntly.
    um... that's my opinion anyways.

12. alloutoftears

taking it a day at a time, the problem with loneliness is that it just wont leave u alone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.